Calling all BLACK Cobras with TINTED windows --> Pics requested

blue88mustang

Established Member
I searched the forums for tint, but I couldn't find any threads that had useful pics in them.

I am trying to decide what % tint to get on my Black 03 Cobra and I could use some help deciding. I would like to see 15%, 20%, 25%, 30% and 35% if possible.

Please post pics of your BLACK (Or DSG) Cobras with tinted windows and be sure to include what % tint it is. 35% is the legal limit where I live and don't think it will be dark enough for my tastes, but I don't want something that is going to be cop magnet (no limo or 5% tint).

Last edited:

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
5% visor, 15% tint in front 2 windows, and 5 in back 3. Been pulled over twice and then i pull out the doctors note! lol Saying the sun hurts my skin. And they cant do anything.
Amazingpics002.jpg

Amazingpics003.jpg

Amazingpics001.jpg

BAD PIC BUT I DONT CARE
whipple044.jpg
badpicingarage.jpg

Last edited:

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
CHINI - can you get a close up on how they tinted the dot matrix part on the windshield? I've been thinking of doing a visor tint, but thought that part would always cause problems.

VENOMIZED03

Established Member
Black2004Cobra said:
Lots of threads on this but here ya go bro....

35% sides / 20% Rear Window / 35% Windshield.

Now that looks sick. 35% on the whole windshield? Makes me wanna do that. I bet its hard to see out at night huh?

OmahaStang

Established Member
Good post.. I also have a black cobra and actually thinking of 20% tint all the way around (minus windshielf). I've got this on my white coupe and its pretty dark at night. Unable to tint the windshield here.

Venom do you possibly have any pics of the drivers or passenger side window looking strait on?

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
007Paul said:
CHINI - can you get a close up on how they tinted the dot matrix part on the windshield? I've been thinking of doing a visor tint, but thought that part would always cause problems.
I will when i get home on thursday night.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Black2004Cobra said:
Pay attention buddy. :bored:

Its only a cop magnet if you're dumb. Don't be dumb and you won't have issues.

If you can't control yourself and worry about getting busted by the cops for a basic window tinting violation get a honda.

blue88mustang

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Its only a cop magnet if you're dumb. Don't be dumb and you won't have issues.

If you can't control yourself and worry about getting busted by the cops for a basic window tinting violation get a honda.

First: You quoted someone other than me.
Second: I personally don't like how hard it is to see out at night with ultra dark windows.
Third: If you don't have anything to positive to add to this thread, why bother posting?

Myself and a couple other members have expressed interest in having tint that isn't too dark for one reason or another and we would like to see pics to make an educated decision. Just because our preference differs from yours does not infer that we are "dumb" or "can't control ourselves" when driving a car on the street.

Again, let's keep the pics coming. Anyone with lighter tint out there?

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
VENOMIZED03 said:
Now that looks sick. 35% on the whole windshield? Makes me wanna do that. I bet its hard to see out at night huh?

Not hard at all.

I don't drive it in the rain, but my Accord has the W/S tinted too, and sometimes its hard to see when its raining SUPER hard.

shocker 420

Established Member
I really have to get a tinit of my car...

CHINI- The first picture of your car with the buildings in the background makes your car look like it should be in a video game or something... kinda reminds me of NFS:MW I guess. Also what kind of rims are those? Thanks

Blackie

Another non-Cobra, but it's black LOL.
It's a 30% fully-metallized (no dye) film all-around.
Picture-1106.jpg

EDIT:

Here some more pics. I don't have any shots with the sun refeclting off the glass, but I'll take some as soon as I can. The reason I went with the no-dye film is that it offers better heat reduction then with an all-dye or hybrid film (half dye, half metal) and it will NOT fade or turn purple. :thumbsup:
I also chose 30% because I don't the fine officers of the LAPD's Harbor Division any more reason to pull me over. :-D

Film brand is Johnson Window Films Executve Series (ES) 30%

Picture-759.jpg

Picture-894.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Spade

Established Member
mixxer said:
see sig- 20% sides,5% rear - IMO perfect combo is 35% sides 20% rear

I agree with MIXXER. 35% sides and 20% back would be perfect. I had 35% on my last car and it was really nice. On my Cobra I have 15% all around and its alittle dark at night for me? To each their own.

Spade

Users who are viewing this thread