Calling all 99/01 Cobra's running a Vortec T-Trim or JT-Trim

The Mongoose

Established Member
Just curious as to what your setup complete setup is and what type of numbers you are putting down. I'm really looking to get into a Cobra, and my number 1 option is a 03/04 Terminator, but I'm starting to think about a 99/01 Cobra with a built motor and a Vortec T or JT Trim supercharger. If you have one, please post up the details on the build/car and any pictures you have.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well I'm close enough..
Boss Big Bore motor
8:6.1 Compression
Worked Stock crank
Billet I beams
Custom Diamond
04 Cobra heads
98 Cobra Cams
ARP Everywhere
01 Cobra intake

Vortech T-trim
Custom Vortech Aftercooler
C&R Heat exchanger with fans
Big pump for pumping fluid
17psi

Made 650rwhp and 580rwtq STD
SAE numbers are in sig..
This was going through 4.10's and with a brand new motor and break in tune. I hasn't been retuned yet but it's picked up more power.

Also look in the Blower Section for The Official Centri Combo thread. LOTS of combo's in there!!!
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...al-centrifugal-pulley-boost-combo-thread.html

Last edited:

The Mongoose

Established Member
That's a good point. I really want a 03/04 Cobra, but realistically, would only be able to spend right at $21,000 tops. Would that be enough to get a lower mileage (under 50k) Cobra that has long tubes/aftermarket x-pipe and catback and an aftermarket blower, like a KB 2.2 or Whipple 2.3?

The Mongoose

Established Member
Yeah, I saw that one and would love to have it. 98 Saleen, if you were in the market for a 03/04 Cobra, what would you expect to pay for one with a stock blower, around 50,000 miles and some mild mods like long tube headers, aftermarket x-pipe and catback? I think getting one with a KP or Whipple is going to be out of my price range, but occassionally, I see some pretty good deals on here. It's just right now, 21k is my limit, but I want one really bad.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
With that amount of miles right around what your price range is depending on the condition of it.. 19-21 seems to be the going rate for a stock eaton'd car.. Whippled cars are in the 23-27 range depending on how many mods there are :)..

I personally already know what car I'd try to buy off a member if I was in the market.. But I'm sure it would take a lot of money to get him to sell it.. Look up V8der.. :) Atleast I think that's his screen name.

The Mongoose

Established Member
I'll have to check his car out. I really like the Mystichrome Cobra that's for sale in South Carolina. He's asking $23,000.00, but I bet he'd come off that price some with a cash offer. I think I can get a solid $17,000.00 out of my WS6, so with the cash I could throw in on top of that, I'll be sitting at around $21,000.00. I saw in the Terminator Talk section a guy bought a yellow 03 off craigslist that has a 3.4 whipple and a bunch of other mods too for $17,500.00. Not sure what he mileage is on it though. I know good deals are out there, so it's all about looking daily and jumping on one you like. I'm already doing this, but it's pretty much a dick-tease because I've still got my WS6.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You can find built twin screw Terminators for $20-$22K there out there if patient, a friend sold his whippled 03 Redfire with 40K miles for $20 last year.

The Mongoose

Established Member
You can find built twin screw Terminators for $20-$22K there out there if patient, a friend sold his whippled 03 Redfire with 40K miles for $20 last year.

That's what I like to hear. Once the WS6 is gone, I plan on being patient and doing my best to find a nice twin screw Terminator in my price range. I'm not going to be picky on color, but I do not want a vert. Other than that, I'm game. Just can't wait to get into one.

2000 gt

Established Member
My 99 cobra has a fully forged block with diamond pistons running 10:1 compression with ported and polished heads. Vortech t trim Alky meth kit. Pushed 646rwhp. On race gas. Running 20 psi. Made a little over 500 hp on 15 psi and a very very safe street tune

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That's what I like to hear. Once the WS6 is gone, I plan on being patient and doing my best to find a nice twin screw Terminator in my price range. I'm not going to be picky on color, but I do not want a vert. Other than that, I'm game. Just can't wait to get into one.

Here's a couple pics of the car I was talking about, it was badass, ran 6's in the 1/8th.. If I had the spare cash would have snagged it myself! :rockon:

img0762u.jpg

img0767i.jpg

The Mongoose

Established Member
Here's a couple pics of the car I was talking about, it was badass, ran 6's in the 1/8th.. If I had the spare cash would have snagged it myself! :rockon:

img0762u.jpg

img0767i.jpg

I can't believe your buddy only paid $20,000 for her. She's down right wicked. I love that color matched with the black wheels. You said she's whippled too, right? I bet you do wish you could have snagged her up.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
haha he didn't pay $20K he sold it for that, yeah a whipple 2.3,full exhaust, lots of other bolt ons and it was in wonderful condition, someone got a great car! Redfire with black rims is a Hot combo!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread