called out. me (bolt on 13 gt500) vs hci c6z...

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Id love to do that but my car will be modded tomorrow and tuned next week :-/ also. You want me to race a car that traps 9 to 10 mph more then me lol. I trapped 125 he does 134 to 135. Im hoping to gain 100 hp, lose 100 lbs and with the 373s im hoping to get 9 to 10 mph gain in my trap speed. Guess we will see. I think ill jump out a half car and he reels me in and maybe pulls but who knows! I like thinking about it haha

Ya, to see how much of an improvement the mods and 100hp does.

j81234

Established Member
This should be an interesting race. I raced a 730whp 2013 Shelby a while back and it was a good race. Interested to see the outcome.

13GT500SG

Established Member
Hes making just a bit less power then you j8123 but ill be making a bit less a bit less then 730rwhp... i have 373s too but the guy you raced had a shorter tire and ran out of gear at 130 ish. He was a at minimum a car out on you until he hit 5th gear. Def will be fun.

j81234

Established Member
Hes making just a bit less power then you j8123 but ill be making a bit less a bit less then 730rwhp... i have 373s too but the guy you raced had a shorter tire and ran out of gear at 130 ish. He was a at minimum a car out on you until he hit 5th gear. Def will be fun.

True, he held me off until he shifted to fifth. Like I said it was a good race. It all comes down to who gets on the gas first. If it would have been me he would have never come around me. Don't let the Z get on the gas first.:nono:

Last edited:

13GT500SG

Established Member
Also dont race from 55... that favors c6z... i had one... it was hci nitrous on motor made 575whp. 55 is PERFECT speed for roll race in z. 45 would be more like it ;-) also looked to me like like even once you got going he was still pulling on you until he hit 5th gear OD. Did u race at track yet?

13GT500SG

Established Member
He did get the hit but he didnt leave early lol you got on the gas late. He went on 3 you went on 3.5 lol whydidnt you guys do another pull? Are you going to?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
When I had the 08 Z, H/C/I and few other mods it didn't do to bad at 30-45 compared to stock. After the work and 55-60 everyone I ran had problems. Most of the time I would pull from the hit. Snatch 3rd @ 7K. Race over. Good luck but be ready to race before asking results

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
When I had the 08 Z, H/C/I and few other mods it didn't do to bad at 30-45 compared to stock. After the work and 55-60 everyone I ran had problems. Most of the time I would pull from the hit. Snatch 3rd @ 7K. Race over. Good luck but be ready to race before asking results

Agreed on the Z at 55-60. They are truly nasty. When I had my 09 Z with 567 whp a buddy of mine owned a 2010 Porsche GT3 3.8L. (Granted the GT3 isn't a roll-racer, but still a very fast car and ultra light-weight). We did several pulls, including a 60-160 run and I had at least three busses on him. It wasn't even a race.

Moving on to the Shelby- I think these cars, especially with stock gears, will really surprise some Z06 owners out on the highway from 60+. The torque these cars make is immediate, and they run out to 7K before the shift just like the Vette does. If the car is hooking, it's absurdly fast NOW. No waiting for peak hp in the upper rev range. And this happens no matter how far up the speedo you want to run. It's not like the Shelby is running out of gas with a top-end disadvantage. I have been trying to get together with a local friend with a mostly stock C6Z (just an intake I believe), but it hasn't happened yet for one scheduling reason or another.

I cannot wait to see this race, and even more importantly, a stock 500 vs. C6Z roll-on. Two truly amazing performers. I don't think you can go wrong with either car if you're an enthusiast. Just depends how much practicality you need with a backseat or not.

turd burglar

Established Member
Haha love all the people getting mad and saying the race won't happen. So this guy is a pussy for not wanting to take his $65k+ car and his buddies $65k+ car and run them on the high end in dangerous conditions? Gtfo, it's icy and shitty all over the country and the guy doesn't wanna risk it, big ****in deal.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Haha love all the people getting mad and saying the race won't happen. So this guy is a pussy for not wanting to take his $65k+ car and his buddies $65k+ car and run them on the high end in dangerous conditions? Gtfo, it's icy and shitty all over the country and the guy doesn't wanna risk it, big ****in deal.

Its not shitty and icy in this sunny part of the country. Why make a thread promising a race is going to happen when in reality its most likely months away because of the temperature and weather?

13GT500SG

Established Member
It could be january if the snow goes away and some of the salt gets washed off the roads. I absolutley promise you all itll happen. Sorry that its 28 degrees with slush and salt on the roads. I hate winter with a passion! I couldve waoted until now or maybe even a couple weeks to make this thread but if you dont want to see it just skip to the next one...

Poppacapp

Established Member
One of my friends has a H/C/I with spray and he has run 10.79 here in Denver he traps 134-135 on spray. Our DA's are usually above 7000FT

I looked at the Density Altitude app on my droid earlier tonight.... 13feet :banana: :pepper: :dancenana:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
I don't know what the one I ran put down but I figure I had around 130 to 140 more whp. I did have a passenger and his tipped the scales at 3080lbs though.

80-100 Should make for a good race.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread