called out. me (bolt on 13 gt500) vs hci c6z...

djervin

Established Member
Id definately like to do this way before spring! Djervin! Im like 20 mins from york man. Get on 30 east and off columbia exit (first exit after bridge) im 8 mins from there!

Damn! I am always around that area! We go to Park City all the time.... I used to drive my 03 there occasionally (Redfire/ Parchment vert/ either ccw's or tf's) don't know if you have ever seen it around. Either way I am in a black/ flat black striped '10 gt500 now.... We need to get together, I can get a zr1 and maybe some others to join when it gets nicer out! Shoot me a pm or something sometime :beer:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Is it just me or does the OP just sound like a typical internet poser who loves starting a convo like this and seeing others chime in.....then gives 101 excuses?

Am I the only one who isn't new to the internet?

If you owned one of these cars, or a fast car in general, you would probably realize that with this much power and 30-40 degree weather.. it would be stupid and dangerous to try to race on a freezing cold street at those temperatures.

13GT500SG

Established Member
If you owned one of these cars, or a fast car in general, you would probably realize that with this much power and 30-40 degree weather.. it would be stupid and dangerous to try to race on a freezing cold street at those temperatures.

Not only would it be dangerous but it would be pointless as well. Who wants to race when both cars are going sideways? Dont worry I cant wait for this race! I wish I could do it now!!

13GT500SG

Established Member
Damn! I am always around that area! We go to Park City all the time.... I used to drive my 03 there occasionally (Redfire/ Parchment vert/ either ccw's or tf's) don't know if you have ever seen it around. Either way I am in a black/ flat black striped '10 gt500 now.... We need to get together, I can get a zr1 and maybe some others to join when it gets nicer out! Shoot me a pm or something sometime :beer:

Is that Dustins zr1? White? Thats another race i want as well. I may have seen your redfire nut not positive. I had a hci nitrous c6z it was black with black wheels and had silver stripes maybe you have seen me in the past. Obviously I now traded the vette and have the 13 GT500. We will definately need to get together as soon as its 50 degrees or so haha.

djervin

Established Member
Is that Dustins zr1? White? Thats another race i want as well. I may have seen your redfire nut not positive. I had a hci nitrous c6z it was black with black wheels and had silver stripes maybe you have seen me in the past. Obviously I now traded the vette and have the 13 GT500. We will definately need to get together as soon as its 50 degrees or so haha.

I don't know any Dustins around here, that is ironic, though as my name is Dustin.... Now that you mention it.... I have seen you before (I assume it was you). I spotted a black z06 and white zr1 together by Round the Clock diner one day, I was in my 03 at the time. It looks like spring time is already shaping up for some fun :banana: If you go out when the weather is decent, look me up, I run around with a tt e36 m3 we are usually out messing around.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
So what's the update on this thread OP. Races still happening?

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

13GT500SG

Established Member
Same as before fellas itll be a couple weeks. Thats why i posted a short vid of me vs pullied cobra yo hold you guys over lol im bone stock in that one though .... yawn. Check it out irs just up a couple threads in roadkill as well.

13GT500SG

Established Member
Update: 373 gears now. My stock gears were whining so i got new ones installed. Ford ordered 373s instead of facyory 331s haha so I told them to throw those in since they had them! Free gears, why not!

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Update: 373 gears now. My stock gears were whining so i got new ones installed. Ford ordered 373s instead of facyory 331s haha so I told them to throw those in since they had them! Free gears, why not!

if you're going to do highway pulls mostly id recommend not doing 3.73's as its gonna kill 5th big time. i personally would stick with stock gearing you'll have plenty of power to pull through the gearing.

So what's the update on this thread OP. Races still happening?

it just snowed out here lol

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the OP just sound like a typical internet poser who loves starting a convo like this and seeing others chime in.....then gives 101 excuses?

Am I the only one who isn't new to the internet?

Time will tell. We've had a lot of similar threads like this one over the past few years where the races never happen. No update follows. So hopefully this isn't another one of those.

If that's the case, then a thread like this really had no business being started to begin with because its just another bench racing thread. And that's not the purpose of the Road Kill section. 40F is not that bad either to have a good run. If the tires are right then 40F temps are no excuse.

13GT500SG

Established Member
700+ tq to the wheels is a good excuse for not racing in 40 degree weather on the street... however this race will happen I promise all of you. Just not sure on the date yet. Also i will not need 5th gear even with 373s i can go nearly 155mph in 4th. Thats about all im willing to do on the street!

Good to hear OP!!! I simply can not take another one of these bench racing threads that doesn't deliver the goods. :beer: Your proposed race is actually one I'm looking forward to seeing results on. A lot of the threads in RK as of late have been very lame.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I say you do a before and after race against the same c6z. See how bad he walks you now as you sit and how much closer you are to his back bumper after your mods are installed.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I say you do a before and after race against the same c6z. See how bad he walks you now as you sit and how much closer you are to his back bumper after your mods are installed.

I second this motion.

Poppacapp

Established Member

Reverse that. :coolman:

13GT500SG

Established Member
Id love to do that but my car will be modded tomorrow and tuned next week :-/ also. You want me to race a car that traps 9 to 10 mph more then me lol. I trapped 125 he does 134 to 135. Im hoping to gain 100 hp, lose 100 lbs and with the 373s im hoping to get 9 to 10 mph gain in my trap speed. Guess we will see. I think ill jump out a half car and he reels me in and maybe pulls but who knows! I like thinking about it haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread