Called out by a stock mach 1

cb94ta

Established Member
MACHXLR8 said:
Wow, it took all those mods to beat a stock MACH1? Sound about right. Now put the same mods on the MACH 1............then tell me the color of my "MUSTANG" insert on my bumper.:coolman:
that is one truly ricer comment kudo's to you!!!!:beer:

SpdPilot

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Two things: Dont' go there with the S197 argument....it's getting really old.

#2) - Your 13.34 time was with CAI, two up gears, catback, and tune...and yet, you are saying the sn95 cobra is just as fast as a mach? Ok, either you are a very SHITTY driver, or you are in some major denial and need to seak help. And dont' give me this Road Race crap. I know RR suspension adds weight, but you also have 3 bolt ons (one is gears) and a tune to MORE than compensate for hte added weight, and you still run what a bone stock mach 1 runs.......DO SEE WHAT WE ARE GETTING AT YET?

:D Hahaha....you are joking right? I can't believe you even posted that...

Wow...3 bolt ons! AND 200 more pounds!!!! Hmmmm? You guys are making this to easy...keep posting

SpdPilot

Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
I like how everyone defends their car:rolleyes:

96-98 cobras dyno around 265 blah blah blah -96-98 Cobra owner

No they dont, they usually dyno 190rwhp and Machs dyno 290rwhp-Mach Owner

Which we all know is :bs:

Stop talking and race already:idea:

Stock for stock I am guessing the Mach is faster do to the poor gearing of the stock 96-98 Cobra

I can't help but say it again.....keep posting....it's like talking to the SRT-4 group......190 RWHP from a Cobra, gee you guys really know your Mustangs:loser:

SpdPilot

Established Member
Angus66 said:
I have NO IDEA WTF you're trying to say here, but I'm not sure it really matters.

I find it humorous that instead of just posting some evidence to back-up your statements,
you make it sound like I said that Mach 1's can never lose (which I of course never did). :rolleyes:

That's usually what folks do who can't provide any evidence (besides their own "experiences") - they attempt make the other person on the other side of the discussion appear to be a "Fanatic" or "Zealot" who will never be able to accept "Reality". :rollseyes

FWIW - I've been around Mustang since the early 80's myself, so don't try to make it sound like I'm some inexperienced 17-year-old kid and you're the expert simply due to time.

Funny you mention upcoming N/A Mustangs possibly beating Mach 1's (something I already posted about earlier in this thread) like it will be some big shock or something.

I'll quote myself since you either didn't read it the 1st time or simply chose to ignore the post because it doesn't support your argument:

WOW - the Magazines achieved ET's in the '05's that the "Average-Joe" can easily get in a manual-trans '03/'04 Mach,
and it took bolt-ons to get into the 12's (something that Mach's have done on occasion completely stock)

While that's still a little slower, it's not unexpected (at least by me) at all.

Engines & cars (usually) move forward as time goes-on, and the Mustang is no exception.
Just like the '03/'04 4V is 2 steps-up from the '96-'98 4V.

You just don't understand, because you just like to argue. And you have already highjacked this guys thread. Enough already. You can accuse all you want, I have already made my point and all you are doing is making yourself look worse. You and a few other Mach 1 owners here have proven that you live in a bubble and have now clue about other cars or even Mustangs. The other "knowledgeable" Mach guys have already moved on, because they understand AND they respect this guys thread for what it was. The Cobra and Mach1 are a drivers race. With the Mach 1 having the edge depending on the driver. I don't need to prove it, it is common knowledge and that point has been made. It is like asking me to prove that the earth rotates. Do your homework before you look even more ignorant. A simple search of these forums is the quickest way, if you want to learn about Cobra's. So, stop the arguement and agree to disagree, move on already, then go do some of your own homework. I'm not here to teach you.

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
well i didnt read how this hole thing went down but i just raced a mach1 auto with 410s and a tune with my 2000 GT 5spd Vert with BBK l/ts, BBK o/r H, BBK CAI, 373s, and a 75 shot well on the spray i had him by 4-5 cars off the spray he had me off the line by 1/2 car then i just crept away from him by about 1-1.5 cars at then end of the 1/4

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SpdPilot said:
:D Hahaha....you are joking right? I can't believe you even posted that...

Wow...3 bolt ons! AND 200 more pounds!!!! Hmmmm? You guys are making this to easy...keep posting

HA HA....I love it..you call him a ricer, and talk crap on me..and yet you say THREE bolt ons, like they aren't worth shiat in et. If that were true, why did you do them to your car? ANd if a tuen is worthless, why do it?

CAI, Exhaust, GEARS, and a TUNE....HELLO McFLY. That is good for .5-.7 seconds in Most cars.

And as for your 200#........as I said...your mods MORE than make up for that. You loose what?.... 0.3 seconds on ET with that added weight? Guess what....that still gives you 13.0 AT BEST....M5 machs run that with drop in filter and cat back....some have done it STOCK. As I said before, it takes your mods to keep up with a stock mach...face the facts. Stop staying in denial. Cars evolve, it's a fact of life. Stop holding on to your pipe dreams of teh 96-98 cobra being better than all but terminators. :bash: :bash:

BTW - I would LOVE to see what your car weighs. SOmething tells me you have never had it weighed, and you are shooting from the hip.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
mattmoto441 said:
well i didnt read how this hole thing went down but i just raced a mach1 auto with 410s and a tune with my 2000 GT 5spd Vert with BBK l/ts, BBK o/r H, BBK CAI, 373s, and a 75 shot well on the spray i had him by 4-5 cars off the spray he had me off the line by 1/2 car then i just crept away from him by about 1-1.5 cars at then end of the 1/4

Sounds about right. Auto machs with 4.10s are low 13s. Nice kill.

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Sounds about right. Auto machs with 4.10s are low 13s. Nice kill.

how did this kids race end up i got though about 3pgs and thought screw it this is a chick fight

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SpdPilot said:
You just don't understand, because you just like to argue. And you have already highjacked this guys thread. Enough already. You can accuse all you want, I have already made my point and all you are doing is making yourself look worse. You and a few other Mach 1 owners here have proven that you live in a bubble and have now clue about other cars or even Mustangs. The other "knowledgeable" Mach guys have already moved on, because they understand AND they respect this guys thread for what it was. The Cobra and Mach1 are a drivers race. With the Mach 1 having the edge depending on the driver. I don't need to prove it, it is common knowledge and that point has been made. It is like asking me to prove that the earth rotates. Do your homework before you look even more ignorant. A simple search of these forums is the quickest way, if you want to learn about Cobra's. So, stop the arguement and agree to disagree, move on already, then go do some of your own homework. I'm not here to teach you.
So...from that post, you are grouping 96-98 cobras with the 99/01s. You are saying those two cars run EXACT same ETs....cause you grouped them as 'cobra's' and you said the mach has a slight advantage.....dude, you are in some serious whacked out denial mind frame. The other's have moved one cause they aren't goign to argue with an ignorant fool like yourself, and hi jack anymore. I have already PROOVED how the 96-98 cobra is not on par with the mach...USING YOUR OWN information. You have YET to proove ANYTHING to us about your so called claims.

and know about mustangs?....are you serious?......so, your knowledge goes all the way back to the first generation?...I would love to see how you match up to those. :kaboom:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
mattmoto441 said:
how did this kids race end up i got though about 3pgs and thought screw it this is a chick fight

They ahven't raced. The 16 year old mach owner hasnt' contacted the SN95 cobra owner yet. The cobra owner is going to leave it be, unelss he runs into him.

BM1

Established Member
SpdPilot said:

Smiley-clapping.gif

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
SpdPilot said:
I can't help but say it again.....keep posting....it's like talking to the SRT-4 group......190 RWHP from a Cobra, gee you guys really know your Mustangs:loser:

I was being sarcastic! :poke:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Yea the race is not going to happen. I dont even see the mach parked at his house anymore:shrug: But on another note I raced a ls1 trans am from a 40 roll and from a dead stop last night. He had hooker l/t's, o/r Y, slp cat back, and lid. He did have two other people in the car though, but he ran 12.8 on motor on street tires at 112. I swear im not lieing but I beat him from a roll and from a dead stop. I had him by about a car and a half from a roll, and beat him by about 3/4 a car in the 1/4 from a dead stop. My cousins were in his car and said that the kid with the ls1 said that he didnt believe I only had a few bolt ons. We both had good starts considering we were on the street. He also said that he raced a 96 cobra that had 373's, cat back, and 50 shot and said that they were pretty even from a dead stop on the street with no people in his car. I know I probably should have posted this seperate but i didnt want to face the jury of the ls1 group of how i should have lost and that the kid must have not been able to drive. So i figured i'd make you mach owners proud since the ls1 is a hot topic on this forum.:beer:

Angus

Established Member
SpdPilot said:
You just don't understand, because you just like to argue. Enough already. You can accuse all you want, I have already made my point and all you are doing is making yourself look worse. You and a few other Mach 1 owners here have proven that you live in a bubble and have now clue about other cars or even Mustangs.

I see you've got nothing to add besides more pointless blah, blah, blah without any facts to illustrate your claims. :rollseyes

SpdPilot said:
You and a few other Mach 1 owners here have proven that you live in a bubble and have now clue about other cars or even Mustangs.

Another meaningless jab intended to take the focus off your lack of knowledge & hard data that back-up your off-base "opinions".

SpdPilot said:
The other "knowledgeable" Mach guys have already moved on, because they understand

Or maybe they just didn't feel like arguing with a narrow-minded individual like you?

SpdPilot said:
The Cobra and Mach1 are a drivers race. With the Mach 1 having the edge depending on the driver. I don't need to prove it, it is common knowledge and that point has been made.

That's like saying that an '03/'04 Cobra & an '03/'04 Mach 1 are a "Drivers Race" just because some stock Terminators (with bad drivers) have run 13.0 (or slower) ET's and some stock Mach's (with great drivers) have run 12.9 ET's. :rolleyes:

You don't "need" to prove it because you can't prove it. ;-)

I mean come-on - those two Mustangs are as much of a drivers race as a mach and a '96 - '98 Cobra are... :bored:

SpdPilot said:
It is like asking me to prove that the earth rotates.

More silly statements instead of actual evidence - can't you find a new tactic?

SpdPilot said:
Do your homework before you look even more ignorant. A simple search of these forums is the quickest way, if you want to learn about Cobra's.

I know enough about the '96 to present Cobras to know that you're blowing smoke out your A5S...
Isn't that enough??? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Angus66 said:
I see you've got nothing to add besides more pointless blah, blah, blah without any facts to illustrate your claims. :rollseyes

Another meaningless jab intended to take the focus off your lack of knowledge & hard data that back-up your off-base "opinions".

Or maybe they just didn't feel like arguing with a narrow-minded individual like you?

That's like saying that an '03/'04 Cobra & an '03/'04 Mach 1 are a "Drivers Race" just because some stock Terminators (with bad drivers) have run 13.0 (or slower) ET's and some stock Mach's (with great drivers) have run 12.9 ET's. :rolleyes:

You don't "need" to prove it because you can't prove it. ;-)

I mean come-on - those two Mustangs are as much of a drivers race as a mach and a '96 - '98 Cobra are... :bored:

More silly statements instead of actual evidence - can't you find a new tactic?

I know enough about the '96 to present Cobras to know that you're blowing smoke out your A5S...
Isn't that enough??? :p
:lol:

Angus

Established Member
:poke: Now your 13-second Cobra - with "Lots of Bolt-Ons" is as fast as a Terminator too???

SpdPilot said:
I was talking about my 98 Cobra.....Hell, I'm in 03-04 Cobra territory now, even without the blower. I ran a 13.4 before the recent mods, and I am certain I'm closer to a 13.0 now......

:lol: :lol:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Angus66 said:
:poke: Now your 13-second Cobra - with "Lots of Bolt-Ons" is as fast as a Terminator too???

:lol: :lol:

WOW - where the hell did that come from? IF that is true, I was right. The guy needs some psychology assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread