Call me crazy

ViciousJay

Established Member
I was going to call Shaun and see if he would get HP tuners so he could start tuning the LS cars. I would get another tune from him in a minute if he could tune my car. Congrats on keeping the most versatile mustang ever made.

Hell if he starts tuning LS's then i bet we could get 20+ guys and make his trip really worth while! :rockon: maybe we can get him out here in April '13

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
If you really are thinking about selling it you should do it now. Look how much interest you will be paying and you will never get more for your trade. Sell it, buy winter beater and save over the winter months and then make a move.

ViciousJay

Established Member
If you really are thinking about selling it you should do it now. Look how much interest you will be paying and you will never get more for your trade. Sell it, buy winter beater and save over the winter months and then make a move.

ive thought about this but i might as well keep it, i dont see myself going over to a 2015 car so its either ill keep this or do what you said and maybe wait out a 03/04 cobra... the ctsv is out as well as a gt500.

ViciousJay

Established Member
if you can swing it, Id buy the gt500

i can but to be honest if the Coyote goes then im truthfully going terminator again. I like that ill have extra cash but if could have a badass ride plus even more extra cash is only a better benefit, i need to find a way to swing some negative equity into a cobra payment which is a headache

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
OP sounds like your never happy with your cars...Before you "throw in negative equity" why don't you throw on a TVS, then revisit this thread :banana:

ViciousJay

Established Member
OP sounds like your never happy with your cars...Before you "throw in negative equity" why don't you throw on a TVS, then revisit this thread :banana:

im not a hater, right now im debating which route to go but to have a cobra again and have an extra 175 back in my pocket is kind of a win/win. But i do like my coyote and to be honest ive wanted another cobra for some time but i keep trying to fill a void with M3s, Gt500's, ligthnings, and etc

Last edited:

EnthusiastGT

Established Member
I can't 100% agree with this. Reason being is the a used low miles 07-09 gt500 can be had for the same price as a brand new 2013 brembo 5.0. An mod for mod the gt500 makes a lot more power. On the flip side the 2013 brembo out handles a stock 07-09 gt500. So there 2 cars aimed at 2 different kind of buyers. Like I said before if the car is a DD the 5.0 would be more of a pleasure to drive on a everyday bases. The gt500 is more of a raw power type of car an is more fun as a pleasure car to drive on nice days.

Sure but warranty is another major concern as well...a 2007 is simply out of warranty and an 09 is on borrowed time. It's is moot of course when talking 2011 plus GT500's.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wouldn't take a termi over a new coyote
I agree I've owned 2 of them. Great cars but over all the 2011 up just feel much better.

Sure but warranty is another major concern as well...a 2007 is simply out of warranty and an 09 is on borrowed time. It's is moot of course when talking 2011 plus GT500's.

Your right about that. But when you mod a 2011plus 5.0 you have voided your warranty anyway. So not much difference there. But yes the 2011 plus gt500 have the win all around. Just a tad higher price tag. But then again a fully loaded gt would cost the same as a 2011-2012 gt500 used.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
I agree I've owned 2 of them. Great cars but over all the 2011 up just feel much better.

Your right about that. But when you mod a 2011plus 5.0 you have voided your warranty anyway. So not much difference there. But yes the 2011 plus gt500 have the win all around. Just a tad higher price tag. But then again a fully loaded gt would cost the same as a 2011-2012 gt500 used.

I'm yet to see a 2011-2012 gt500 in the 30's

ViciousJay

Established Member
Yeah and probably not even with recaros etc.

correct, but ive decided to keep the ride. After a long talk with the little lady ive explained that ive gone above and beyond for her and its MOD TIME after we get married, we agreed how much $ i can spend and thats that. I have a few mods in mind but im not going to go super crazy till i have enough for F/I, but i think the following list should be good for awhile

BMR Lowering kit
Boss Side exhaust
Boss Mani
Tune
Widening stock brembos to 10.5" or 11" (just in the rear)
Grilles and front lip

then Im getting aa DD :) or a something for 5K or less like a Wrangler or something

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread