Call me crazy

ViciousJay

Established Member
I must be nuts but lately ive been looking into Gt500's. Would anyone here swap out there 2013 GT for a 2011-12 GT500? I figure a pulley and tune and x pipe would be plenty for awhile. Would you pull the trigger or would you mod out the gt?

and no i cant afford a '13 gt500 so let s not go there :nonono: but a 11-12 is in my ball park

pros and cons, i talked to my insurance guy and the shelby would be a $1 less a month then the gt

DIB5.0

Established Member
If power is more important than looks to you then go for it. Can you afford to put a blowers on your gt?

ViciousJay

Established Member
If power is more important than looks to you then go for it. Can you afford to put a blowers on your gt?

its not just power it the feeling, the gt is a wonderful car but it just feels like a GT on the road, not a boss not like a cobra or a gt500 but just a gt. I know a modded GT is nothing to look down upon but its not the same as like a stated a boss, or a cobra or a gt500

ViciousJay

Established Member
Another thing to consider is the payment might be 100 more then my GT but im ok with that after refiancing my house and knocking 45K off in interest, the house will be paid off off in less then 20 years and i also saved 240 a month on the mortgage.. i figure i can finally get the big boy toy. Plus i have a few bonus coming up and if i want out of the gt now is the time seeing how they are still holding value.

chao5.0

Established Member
i would do it as long as i got the same color, i was trying to find a GT500 before i bought my '13 and i didn't like what i was seeing and the 1 GT500 that was grabber blue and i liked was priced as much as a new GT500 so i said screw it and bought my '13.

stang8psi

Established Member
damn son, didn't you just trade your 11 for a 13 and now want to get rid of this car? holy car swapping batman lol. which ever you choose to do I am sure it will be cool, but I just couldn't justify losing from depriciation on all the vehicles being traded.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
To each their own, really a personal decision.

That being said, I wouldn't trade my car straight across for a 13GT500.....

Mikegee1028

Established Member
just looking into it very quick my thought is "CALL ME CRAZY" but i feel i'd rather buy a new 2013 boss 302 than a used 2010-2012 shelby.

SicShelby09

Banned
I say keep the GT and get a blower. Seriously when the GT500 hype wears off, you will still be driving a mustang with a blower. A much heavier mustang. Just get the blower and be done with it.

corruptor

Established Member
its not just power it the feeling, the gt is a wonderful car but it just feels like a GT on the road, not a boss not like a cobra or a gt500 but just a gt. I know a modded GT is nothing to look down upon but its not the same as like a stated a boss, or a cobra or a gt500

If you're going for the way you feel owning the car (I.e getting other people's attention), then the GT doesn't stack up to the Shelby or Boss. I had the opposite decision process- really wanted a lightly used Shelby or new boss, but didn't want the attention and prefer the more sleeper approach.

ViciousJay

Established Member
If you're going for the way you feel owning the car (I.e getting other people's attention), then the GT doesn't stack up to the Shelby or Boss. I had the opposite decision process- really wanted a lightly used Shelby or new boss, but didn't want the attention and prefer the more sleeper approach.

your driving a mustang for attention like the rest of even if we dont want to admit it :D

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
My Gf has a 13 CS/GT vert this would be the only GT i might trade my GT500 for but probibly NOT!!!!!
p.s Her 13 CS/GT vert is pretty sweet.

corruptor

Established Member
your driving a mustang for attention like the rest of even if we dont want to admit it :D

True, but a GT blends in with the V6s to the non-enthusiast. I work in the corporate world, and didn't want my boss to know that I'm driving a $45-$60K car. I can have 90% of the performance of either (at least until my TVS shows up next week) and still it's "just a Mustang"

ViciousJay

Established Member
True, but a GT blends in with the V6s to the non-enthusiast. I work in the corporate world, and didn't want my boss to know that I'm driving a $45-$60K car. I can have 90% of the performance of either (at least until my TVS shows up next week) and still it's "just a Mustang"

same here and i agree, but the CTS V is too damn tempting

rwboring

Established Member

I was worried about clients finding out I got a new shelby. Then some of my company's inspectors ended up telling everyone... I was pretty heated but actually I got a ton of calls just asking questions about it. Nothing negative YET...

Users who are viewing this thread