Caliper Paint Color matched screaming Yellow

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Are there any good options other than
That G2 caliper painted system? I just tried it on my calipers and it sucks.

TP03

Established Member
Are there any good options other than
That G2 caliper painted system? I just tried it on my calipers and it sucks.
Just curious what you didn't like about the G2? I've done my last 2 cars with it and have been very satisfied with the results.
I agree, powder coating is the way to go, if your not worried about the cost.

Buckwheat 1

Established Member
Just curious what you didn't like about the G2? I've done my last 2 cars with it and have been very satisfied with the results.
I agree, powder coating is the way to go, if your not worried about the cost.
The paint seemed real watery. I had a lot of spots that you can't get even coverage. I just picked up a can of rust oleum that almost matches perfectly to overspray some of the areas that didn't look good.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn this is on my to do list. How much does powder coating cost? I bet bleeding the system and master cylinder would be a pita. What paint would be good?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I used the G2 paint on our cars and it came out good. You have to find a good powder coater if you want to go that route. Friend of mine had his done in yellow. It took two times to get the color right and it now has cracks all over it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

94slowbra1

Established Member
I have powdered all three sets of brakes I have had on the car (factory cobra, baer 6p and now the brembo GT kit). they all looked great and better than various paints i have used. plus powder is much more resistant to chipping and chemicals.
my guy charges $75 for the big calipers and $60 for the oem. downside is you will have to rebuild them, the seals wont hold up to the baking. but you have a new set of calipers that look great

Philitup

04 Cobra, 68 Fastback, 17 Focus RS
Established Member
Use a high heat thermal primer then matching spray paint to your car. I use automotivetouchup.com , best place i have found and all their colors match great. As long as your not road coursing the car no reason they wont hold up.

Buckwheat 1

Established Member
Use a high heat thermal primer then matching spray paint to your car. I use automotivetouchup.com , best place i have found and all their colors match great. As long as your not road coursing the car no reason they wont hold up.

Thanks, I will check them out. I was able get the one caliper I need to replace to look ok.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
^ was just curious OP, did you do a proper prep on the caliper? When I did mine I used Aircraft Grade Stripper to prep the part. There was a How To Thread I will see if I can find it.

I had a SY car, would advise not doing that color. It would be a PITA to constantly be wiping and washing brake dust off. At least with black you can get by a month or two without having to clean the caliper

Buckwheat 1

Established Member
^ was just curious OP, did you do a proper prep on the caliper? When I did mine I used Aircraft Grade Stripper to prep the part. There was a How To Thread I will see if I can find it.

I had a SY car, would advise not doing that color. It would be a PITA to constantly be wiping and washing brake dust off. At least with black you can get by a month or two without having to clean the caliper
My car already have SY calipers. So I
was trying to match it to a new caliper. My pre was minimal I would say. I agree that black would be much
better and may go that route when all
four calipers get replaced down the road. The first owner my car spared no expense on everything on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread