California vs Texas: interesting article from the Economist

spinscan

Established Member
California is a beautiful state and has a lot going for it but the politicians are just flat ruining it.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
TX > CA...
As far as California goes:
Here in this hopeless ****ing hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any ****ing time. Any ****ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
And as happens to fashionable places, some erstwhile weaknesses now seem strengths (flat, ugly countryside makes it easier for Dallas-Fort Worth to expand than mountain-and-sea-locked LA)

I hate the continued insistence that Texas is ugly. You don't have to have mountains or oceans to make a place pretty. And, FWIW, I wouldn't call the DFW area "flat."

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I hate the continued insistence that Texas is ugly. You don't have to have mountains or oceans to make a place pretty. And, FWIW, I wouldn't call the DFW area "flat."

Sounds like you don't have any experience living in a pretty state.:shrug:

A flat desert is ugly, no two ways about it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you want a good economy come here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCDqXrA7cz4"]YouTube - Morgantown, West Virginia, an economic oasis[/ame]

txyaloo

Established Member
Sounds like you don't have any experience living in a pretty state.:shrug:

A flat desert is ugly, no two ways about it.

Sounds like you don't have any experience living in Texas. :shrug:

The majority of the state isn't flat nor is it a desert.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Sounds like you don't have any experience living in Texas. :shrug:

The majority of the state isn't flat nor is it a desert.

I love people who talk about things they don't know anything about. I don't live in a desert or in a flat area, yet I still live in Texas, thats odd right?

Fugazied

Established Member
California has massive natural resources, not just oil+cattle. However it's politicians are running it into the ground, no doubt about that.

oldmodman

Established Member
California's number one cash crop is Marijuana.

California wouldn't be in such a financial crisis if the population consisted only of people who's grandparents had been born here. And we had not exported all our aviation and manufacturing to other states.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
California has massive natural resources, not just oil+cattle. However it's politicians are running it into the ground, no doubt about that.

Word on that. However, I think a lot of our problems are only now arising from bad descision making in the years past. Schwarzenegger is no saint, but I don't think he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets. Same goes for the whole US and Obama IMO.

California's number one cash crop is Marijuana.

California wouldn't be in such a financial crisis if the population consisted only of people who's grandparents had been born here. And we had not exported all our aviation and manufacturing to other states.

Man, if marijuana was legalized, the state would make a killing. Only problem, is they would have to make a detailed plan of attack on how/where it's produced, taxed, sold, smoked, laws, etc.. If they cover all their bases and stick to their plan, it would be a godsend to the budget.

Either way, I can't wait until I move up north to Montana. Less drama up there, with double the scenery. :rockon:

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
Cool article. Pointed out several thing that are really getting on my nerves! My fiance and I were talking about moving to TX depending on how things go!

STG

Banned
Lookit our mountains! Lookit our beaches! Lookit our millions of illegal aliens! Lookit the asshats we keep reelecting because we are dumber than dirt!

waxmanImage2.jpg

30036-e629c8618ae134d8a965f6b2e579fcd01.jpg

Barbara-Boxer-They-Call-Me-Senator.jpg

Last edited:

redline

Established Member
Word on that. However, I think a lot of our problems are only now arising from bad descision making in the years past. Schwarzenegger is no saint, but I don't think he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets. Same goes for the whole US and Obama IMO.

Man, if marijuana was legalized, the state would make a killing. Only problem, is they would have to make a detailed plan of attack on how/where it's produced, taxed, sold, smoked, laws, etc.. If they cover all their bases and stick to their plan, it would be a godsend to the budget.

Either way, I can't wait until I move up north to Montana. Less drama up there, with double the scenery. :rockon:

wow thats all cali. can think of is weed. we like you just do not wanna be like you.

Users who are viewing this thread