California Fires

Klay

Established Member

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My mom and her family was just in Napa. Just got home yesterday. We were planning on going on our yearly trip to healdsburg at the end of the month. There may be nothing left to visit.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
A friend was evacuated and just returned to find his home untouched while most around him burned to the ground. He said he was speechless looking at all the devastation. "like a war zone" was the quote.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
A friend was evacuated and just returned to find his home untouched while most around him burned to the ground. He said he was speechless looking at all the devastation. "like a war zone" was the quote.

Some of the pictures are hard to believe. Its going to take a long time for those areas to recover.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It's the unfortunate side of all that beautiful weather. No rain, so things are crispy and flammable. I certainly hope all of those who lost their homes recover quickly and are safe. Problem with fire on this scale is you can't fight it as a home owner. Unless you dig a moat around your house, get your stuff and get out alive. You can rebuild a house. You can't rebuild your body.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Last I heard there were 14 dead and on top of that there was a small quake up North.

Sucks for everyone going thru this. We had local fires as well where a couple houses were burned down and it was pretty scary passing thru the area after the fire was out. It felt like a scary movie with seeing the area all lonely and dead with some walls still up and fences from the houses.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It's the unfortunate side of all that beautiful weather. No rain, so things are crispy and flammable. I certainly hope all of those who lost their homes recover quickly and are safe. Problem with fire on this scale is you can't fight it as a home owner. Unless you dig a moat around your house, get your stuff and get out alive. You can rebuild a house. You can't rebuild your body.

There was a lot of rain last winter. But summers are always dry and hot.

nxhappy

Established Member
my grandfather lives in the mountains and the fires are really bad, not just this year but the last few years. A huge problem is the beetles, they are killing thousands of trees and with this dry weather it doesn't take much to spark a fire. Those bastard beetles are making the situation much worse. Hope you mountain guys stay safe out there.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Harvest the dead and dying , replant , my state has been on fire since August .
Same therory here as there , dont touch those forests and the dead trees , full of bugs , and a fire waiting for a spark .

josephcostello

Established Member
I go to Sonoma state, pretty close to the fire. Classes were cancelled this week. I left Monday and passed by a part of the fire on my way out. Going back tomorrow with a car of supplies and to hopefully help out somewhere. A lot of lives have been ruined that's forsure. Is surreal when something so serious happens in your backyard. The smoke on the ground in this picture were flames before I took the picture.
e6cc5549ca3c531533e45cbf3ee1f35d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTPete83

Established Member
This was a few pics I took out my window on the highway next to Sonoma raceway. I was going to fast to get a good pic but I didn't want my car to catch on fire. These were taken Sunday night.
e7b949846e6fc47b5599d200183133c4.jpg
38fba68e273c90aab8385d6f8e2dd82c.jpg
579ca64e4c386dd4d75a1d0baa84fe48.jpg

This one was about half a mile behind the hill line of my house. We have our stuff packed and ready to jet out at any
Minute.
5d13d5169bcef547118916c8bac4ad75.jpg
f4a07e04e43891b3a3bce50dead23388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DropSVT

Established Member
I can't believe the devastation going on around right now. I'm seeing these before and after pictures of total neighborhoods gone... last I saw was 12 have died and a lot of missing people

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coiled03

Established Member
Got a good friend that lives in Santa Rosa. He had to evacuate a few days ago. Terrible to see what's happening, there.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I had to evacuate myself for the canyon fires. I was leaving work on Monday at 2 when I got a phone call from my wife asking me to get home asap because we may be in danger. One minute later I got an alert from my iphone saying there is a mandatory evacuation in right where I live. I got home and we packed as fast as I could. I made it home just in time because as we were leaving the area the police were no longer allowing residents to enter the neighborhood anymore. We stayed the night at a friends house. Thankfully we were allowed to return the next evening. The fires managed to get about 5 miles from where I live but the firefighters were able to control the fires and not let it spread towards my direction. This is the first evacuation I had been a part of, my whole goal was to make my wife and dogs as comfortable as possible.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Sorry for the double post but here is a pic just of the smoke by my place after packing.

Attachments

• 9DBD0E21-BD38-4BC1-AF48-E0815A056A48.jpeg
    9DBD0E21-BD38-4BC1-AF48-E0815A056A48.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 80

Sn95Snake

Established Member
There was a lot of rain last winter. But summers are always dry and hot.

Alot of rain in the winter can make summer fires worse. It gives the plants a chance to grow significantly, then the dry season comes and everything that grew drys out. This provides a lot more fuel for the fires to burn.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy crap that's bad.
Be safe all you guys/gals in California.

Users who are viewing this thread