bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
rotfl!!!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/0816_050816_cowpollution.html

James Owen
for National Geographic News

August 16, 2005
Standing around chewing the cud, cows don't look especially threatening. But dairy herds in California are the latest livestock to be branded an environmental health risk on account of their flatulent behavior.

This month government regulators issued a report identifying dairy cows as the main source of smog-forming pollutants in the San Joaquin Valley, California.

The announcement highlights growing concern over the global impact of greenhouse gasses produced by cattle and other livestock.

A dairy cow annually emits almost 20 pounds (9 kilograms) of smog-forming gases known as volatile organic compounds (VOCs)—more than a car or light truck, according to the San Joaquin Valley United Air Pollution Control District.

The local government organization works to monitor and improve regional air quality.

Based on 15 separate studies, the district's figure almost doubles scientists' previous estimate for cow emissions. The finding will form the basis for stricter air quality controls on dairy farms in the area.

The San Joaquin Valley is home to a thriving dairy industry that includes some 2.5 million cattle. With more new dairy operations planned, an additional 400,000 cows are expected to arrive in the valley within the next few years.

But the dairyland is also known for its smog. Over the last six years the valley has violated the federal limit on smog levels more often than any other region in the country.

"The valley air basin harbors some of the worst air quality in the entire country, and on far too many days air quality is unhealthy," said Kelly Hogan Malay of the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District.

Tailpipe Emissions

Local environmental groups blame air pollution for health problems, such as high rates of childhood asthma, in the region. But dairy farmers say their cows are being made into scapegoats for a gas-guzzling society.

Malay says motor vehicles are a much bigger source of air pollution overall, because they emit pollutants such as nitrous oxides and carbon monoxide in addition to VOCs.
....the rest is at the link.

kilroy

Powered by Ford/FRPP/ATS
Established Member
I see TV adverts here on the East Coast for California Cheese that contends California Cows are Happy Cows.

The humorous ads, which feature cows that talk, show cows in green pastures and contend that "great cheese comes from happy cows." Happy cows, the ads say, come from California.

:fart:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The attempts to reduce naturally occurring gasses from natual sources... boggles my mind :dw:

What's next?

Cover our precious wet lands(read SWAMPS) with a special carbon dioxide and methane removing membrane????

"Your cow farted in my valley" :cryying: :cryying: :smmon:

Jimmy :fart:

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
How the hell are they going to enforce how much gas a cow gives off? Before long all of us will goverment employees just to enforce all of these idiotic laws! :burn:

matchb0x

I'm a grown ass man!
Established Member
Back in the states aka 'the land of liberals'
FRIKKIN CALIFORNIA!! *prays* OH MIGHTY ASSIGNMENT GIVER IN THE SKY(aka Randolph AFB)PLEASE SEND ME TO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! :bowdown:

I hate this state so much, send me back home to Texas any day! And when that day happens, the minute i cross that state line outta California, may it fall into the ocean(no offense). :mj:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Maybe we can harness the gas for our cars, or the wind from their farts can drive little windmills strapped to their backs for energy. Either way, I sure am glad we are wasting time and money doing cow fart research.

bp03svt

Established Member
Grey03Cobra said:
Maybe we can harness the gas for our cars, or the wind from their farts can drive little windmills strapped to their backs for energy. Either way, I sure am glad we are wasting time and money doing cow fart research.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Back home in upstate NY they throw plastic over the COW CRAP PILE and capture the methane and pump it to the barn's electric generators... burn it(ohhh evil carbon dioxide)... and keep the cows warm and well lit so they can produce more MILK AND BURGERS for evil ignorant bastards like me!!! Ya freaking hooo!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Those cows have nothing on my gas production. Police constantly raid my house thinking I've got a meth lab because my houses heat "bloom" shows up vividly.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
The attempts to reduce naturally occurring gasses from natual sources... boggles my mind :dw:

I have a feeling the concetration/sheer numbers of the cows is highly unnatural given that cows are about as dumb as they come.

But this is still retarded.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
See here in Maryland hard working think tank goverment agencies have trained our cows not to fart. :bored:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I think all the vegetarians should put a nice steak on they're plate and start helping out. I can only eat so many of these things myself. It's got to be they're fault.

Users who are viewing this thread