Calculus II SUCKS

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Why can't the University of Kansas hire some ENGLISH speaking professors to teach this stuff? It's bad enough as it is, let alone having to decifer French accents and writing styles....:bash: :nonono:

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
AMEN BROTHER!!!!

I went through it too dude. It only gets worse... :(

Do you have to take cal3?
PS, I thought cal2 was the worst. Integrals can kiss my a$$!!!!!

mambaman

Established Member
heh,my brother is doin calc in 3d right now, he said it is challenging, but not quite impossible.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
4 outa 6 of my teachers are foriegn
My Statics teacher is the funniest. "What are the waector (vector) corridnates of this system?"

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
4 outa 6 of my teachers are foriegn
My Statics teacher is the funniest. "What are the waector (vector) corridnates of this system?"

HAHA

Mine goes something like this....

remember, French

"...and you KNOOOOWWWWWW that you can DO this since you KNOOOOWWWWW the coordinates on the plane that I have just desrib-ed (pronounce the "ed").

Or last semester, in Calc I...

"Any questions? Doubts? Please turn in your homeVorks after class."

COME ON! ENGLISH, PEOPLE!

Dogsblx

You wanna get into the business school? Peeps with MBA's suck. Real engineers know that blowing is the way to go.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Originally posted by 32ValveSymphony

"Any questions? Doubts? Please turn in your homeVorks after class."

COME ON! ENGLISH, PEOPLE!
Oh man, that reminds me sooo much of my Materials Science Teacher!!!

"Ok we are going to have a Pop Quiiiiz" He's German btw.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
And then, the numbnuts will work out a nice, big, long problem on the board....and you're thinkin to yourself, "nice, this is really gonna help me on the homework." Then you open the book and realize he just wrote out the example problem provided in the chapter. That really chaps my ass!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
Give advanced organic chemistry a try.

I gave it a try and organic 2 and biochem as well as Calc 3. I will stick with organic chem over calc 3

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
ive got a great track ahead of me...i get to take calc 1, 2 then Differential equations and then calc 3....:D :burn: ....damn physics...but i love it!!!...engineering is a good major...if you want a cubicle:rolling:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I liked taking Calc better than foreign language. I took two semesters of Spanish and I was hating life. Calc was cake compared to that, for me anyway. It'w weird how some subjects come easier than others, even when other people see it differently.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Warning - Not Politically Correct

It does get worse - my son finished through Calc 4 and not one of his math teachers spoke good English. Same thing in Physics and Chemistry, and increasingly in Computer Science. It seems that all the English-speaking guys are either working blue collar jobs, on the unemployment line, or overseas fighting for freedom so the foreigners can come over here and take our jobs.

Wait until you go in for heart surgery and the surgical team all speak different languages, and very little English. It can be scary.

How come every other country can restrict work visas and control its borders except ours? Time to change a few politicians.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread