CAI

kgcobra03

Established Member
Does anyone have any experience with this CAI "Motoblue" from RPM outlet? It uses a 9" K&N and has a heat shield. $99.00 seems reasonable.

jjksutton

Rookie for Life
Established Member
$77 gets you a 9, 10 or 12 inch PowerStack with adaptor from Anderson Ford. No heat shield though.

kgcobra03

Established Member
You can buy just the heat shield from RPM outlet if you like. I think it is $28.00

Pyro

Established Member
That's not bad although the filter doesn't have an open end. Good price.....I have the 9" powerstack that came with an adaptor and mount for $140 or so. I just ordered the cover to complete the "CAI" system and I also have a duct from the light. I'd go for it and duct the air yourself for around $20 more.

03'Darin

Established Member
That's a pretty good price. The only problem is when you remove the air box you no longer have a hold down for the filter. The air box was bolted to the body and sat in a hole on the top of the frame rail in a rubber gromet.

Is anyone running this on their car?? If so do you have a problem with the inlet tube and filter moving around?

03'Darin

Established Member
I just checked their sight for more details. The shield also is an anchoring point for the MAF and filter.

Order placed. I'll let you know next week how it is.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin
That's a pretty good price. The only problem is when you remove the air box you no longer have a hold down for the filter. The air box was bolted to the body and sat in a hole on the top of the frame rail in a rubber gromet.

Is anyone running this on their car?? If so do you have a problem with the inlet tube and filter moving around?

My 9" Powerstack came with a hanger. I'm just going to bolt the new cover over it.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Wish I had seen that yesterday - just paid nearly $50 more for an identical one. :(

03'Darin

Established Member
It's been a while since I had the air box off so I don't remember......is the screen part off the air box or MAF??

BTW thanks kgcobra03 for pointing this item out. I modified my stock air box to act as a heat shield and accept a 9" K&N. The only problem is the heat shield won't stop most of the heat because it doesn't close of the filter area from the engine bay. I am going to switch my filter set up over to my wifes 97' Cobra which doesn't have the eaton heater under the hood.

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
The screen is on the MAF

I thought so......but just couldn't remember. I figured Ford wouldn't do anything that stupid (put it on the air box).......right:dw: .

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Anyone have problems with leaving out the screen? Couldn't fit it in the AR CAI.

03'Darin

Established Member
I have seen people post about idle problems with out the screen in. That's why I was asking where it's at.

jjksutton

Rookie for Life
Established Member
The screen was sized to fit the airbox, not the MAF. I left the screen off...idles dead on 750 no problem.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All of the CAIs I've seen do not re-use the screen. The screen is going to cut down air flow and aftermarket CAIs are supposed to enhance air flow. I haven't heard of any issues with the screen removed in an aftermarket CAI.

By the way, that RPM Outlet CAI sure looks mighty close to Amazon Racing's CAI. :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread