CAI -- Yeh, I know, old topic

stang99

It is too bad that we can not all get to a reputable dyno and do some pulls now that we are familar with the way our various cars run. It would be interesting to see the numbers and the a/f. I suppose that we could book Danny Swanson to do the pulls, but, as I recall, he cancelled last time for insufficient turnout. There must be some explanation for the differences between the cars.
I have to go back to Swanson one of these days for some fine tuning, but I hate to mess with a great tune. Still, I have a little tip in detonation when I am running 91 and I lug the car in a tall gear. I guess that I will grudgingly trade some performance for safety, but, I haven't gone back yet since the car is a kick to drive and I like doing consistent 114+ runs at LACR.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
John :lol: :nonono: Damn P. leading the way again :D

What u talking about P?

We can do a little Snake Pit thing @ Danny's.
Why not get ur car checked out or add a little .2 - .5 of fuel up top just to make sure the pinging is gone :shrug:

All u gotz to do is drop .1 or so on ur 60' :p

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
we have been thinking that the tall, soft side walls along with the lower pressures that we run the et streets had so much friction that they actually were slowing the car a little bit, but next trip to lacr i will try the nittos fo sho!:rockon:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
T
" I have a little tip in detonation when I am running 91 and I lug the car in a tall gear."
I've always wanted to ask why on a car that loves to rev you persist in talking about detonation when lugging in a tall gear. Do you lug it in a tall gear? If the car detonates in conditions in which you would never drive it, what de dillio?
Since you are our revered mentor, I know there must be some strong logic behind it.
J

E]Originally posted by Tetge
It is too bad that we can not all get to a reputable dyno and do some pulls now that we are familar with the way our various cars run. It would be interesting to see the numbers and the a/f. I suppose that we could book Danny Swanson to do the pulls, but, as I recall, he cancelled last time for insufficient turnout. There must be some explanation for the differences between the cars.
I have to go back to Swanson one of these days for some fine tuning, but I hate to mess with a great tune. Still, I have a little tip in detonation when I am running 91 and I lug the car in a tall gear. I guess that I will grudgingly trade some performance for safety, but, I haven't gone back yet since the car is a kick to drive and I like doing consistent 114+ runs at LACR.
[/QUOTE]

stang99

Tall gear = 5th or 6th. Lugging = 1500-2000 RPM. On the freeway, sometimes stuff happens and I have to get on the car hard to survive. I run in as high a gear as I can usually to save wear and tear and to get some kind of gas mileage. Around town, it never pings, no does it ping at the higher altitude where I live.

Originally posted by jhwalker
T
" I have a little tip in detonation when I am running 91 and I lug the car in a tall gear."
I've always wanted to ask why on a car that loves to rev you persist in talking about detonation when lugging in a tall gear. Do you lug it in a tall gear? If the car detonates in conditions in which you would never drive it, what de dillio?
Since you are our revered mentor, I know there must be some strong logic behind it.
J

E]Originally posted by Tetge
[/QUOTE]

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
cheating is a 1000' et or adjusting your buddy's clutch. ;-) if somebody's got the cojones to run a shot then by all means, go for it. :rockon:

stang99

I checked Juan's 11.999 run and he ran 117.49 which was not too far off his trap speeds that day on Nittos. He picked up 25.71 mph in 4.235 secs in the final 1/8th mile (his car's top end pull is demonstrated by the quick final 1/8th split time) from 91.78-117.49. Since his 60' time was 1.797,which is close enough to the P-Vert, the answer to the strange trap speed issue does not seem to be the ET Streets. But, just to be sure, I should be given the ET Streets for "safe keeping" and the Walkers should return to running on their F1's. :shrug: :shrug:

Originally posted by jhwalker
As we study the mystery of the Piggie (why it has such a slow MPH in the quarter) the two main culprits are
1. the ET Streets
2. No CAI. Somewhere along the line I just stuck a bigass filter on and forgot it to do anything else...

Dramatically, on a head to head run, while running a .55 slower ET, Tetge's car gained a net 7(!) miles per hour against the Oinker in the last 1/8, being 3 MPH slower at the 1/8 and finishing up 3-4 MPH faster. Tetge's car is very strong, but Piggie is pretty strong too -- except for that final surge.

So homies, could it be the missing CAI?
Or just the Piggie weight and the ET STreets.
And of course, if I can only have ET or MPH, I'll keep the ET...
JW ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
cheating is a 1000' et or adjusting your buddy's clutch. ;-) if somebody's got the cojones to run a shot then by all means, go for it. :rockon:

:eek:

Hey :dw: We are supposed to forget about what i did to P's car :bored: :p

Next on line is u Buddy :D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Re: Re: CAI -- Yeh, I know, old topic

Originally posted by Tetge
But, just to be sure, I should be given the ET Streets for "safe keeping" and the Walkers should return to running on their F1's. :shrug: :shrug:

:lol: Well we all know Juan's Car is freaking stronge......as well as ur P. I think u hit almost the same MPH as he did?

Yeah...im sure James would not mind u running on his ET tires ;-)

But for now :rockon:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: CAI -- Yeh, I know, old topic

"Yeah...im sure James would not mind u running on his ET tires"

I have offered but his response was about a half a page long and I couldn't understand it... He might have been saying 'yes'.
Or 'no'.
jw

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:lol: Well we all know Juan's Car is freaking stronge......as well as ur P. I think u hit almost the same MPH as he did?

Yeah...im sure James would not mind u running on his ET tires ;-)

But for now :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread