CAI/TB Setup for Magnuson TVS 2300

Avalanche3377

Established Member
Hey all,

I've always loved and had older Mustangs since I could drive, but I've just recently had the time and money to get some new stuff and be able to modify the car so please forgive me if I ask some dumb questions. I have very little experience when it comes to this but I certainly want to learn more about it and have some projects to work on. I have a 2013 5.0 Mustang with a Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger on it. The supercharger is really the only modification I have done to the engine so far. From everything I've seen and heard, the stock intake box really limits the air flow to the supercharger so I'm looking to upgrade. I've been waiting on more information on the custom intake that Sid has been working on in the following link:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ewed-CAI-Build

I'm not sure where this stands but it seems like there hasn't been much movement on it for quite some time.

I'm wondering how many of you have the Magnuson TVS 2300 supercharger and what have you done as far as a new air intake setup? I've been looking hard at the Steeda ProFlow CAI setup and a BBK throttle body. Anyone have any experience with these and do they fit up with the Magnuson supercharger? I've also been told that bigger isn't necessarily ALWAYS better when it comes to the throttle body. I know the stock TB on the 5.0 is 80mm. What is the difference between an 85mm TB and a 90mm TB (besides the obvious 5mm)?

Any assistance, advice, or experience with this is greatly appreciated!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We've sort of stalled on getting that CAI together, and I'm not sure that there's enough interest to move forward with it. At this point I'd just tell you to call up Hector at Central Florida Motorsports. He has an elbow that will work for you. Tell him I sent you.

Avalanche3377

Established Member
Thanks Sid. Can you help me out on the throttle body question? Have you or know of anyone else that has tried a larger TB on the Magnuson yet? From what I have looked at, I like the idea of putting a BBK TB on, but not sure what the difference is between the 85mm and 90mm TB. Will these fit on the front of the Magnuson? Any experience with the Steeda ProFlow CAI?

bigriff85

Established Member
Thanks Sid. Can you help me out on the throttle body question? Have you or know of anyone else that has tried a larger TB on the Magnuson yet? From what I have looked at, I like the idea of putting a BBK TB on, but not sure what the difference is between the 85mm and 90mm TB. Will these fit on the front of the Magnuson? Any experience with the Steeda ProFlow CAI?

Hector from CFM Performance has a throttle body that you can get to go with the cold air elbow. You will have to consider port matching the front inlet of the Magnuson in order to see a benefit to the larger throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread