CAI install {help asap}

toby

I am trying to put on a 12 inch K&N with adapter from Kenne Bell right now. Every time I get the filter on my theft light blinks and the car won't start. The only thing I can see causing a problem is a ground wire in front of filter on radiator support is touching the filter. It is freaking me out. ANY IDEAS!!!

03DOHC

Established Member
Theft light? Did you install a chip too? Try taking that out, but make sure your key is out before you pull the chip.

toby

No chip just filter. I put my stock box back on, connected battery and car starts. I don't understand what I could be doing.

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
Did you try putting something in the way of that ground wire? I.E. wrapping it in electrical tape... just my .02

-- Jaret

toby

Looks like I may have a security problem now. Funny how it happened when I put the filter on. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Try this...

When I installed my Steeda CAI I had to bend the ground bracket up and out of the way alittle - try that. Install the filter and make sure the ground bracket is not touching the filter.

Try taking the key ouy of the ignition and close all doors and the trunk and hood. Hit the lock doors button 2 times so the doors lock and the horn beeps. Wait 15 min. Then hit the button again, open the doors and attempt to start the car. I heard there is a theft cycle that prevents the car from starting if something triggers it. The cycle returns itself after 15 min.

I'm not sure if this is true - but its worth a try. Good Luck!

If that doesnt work try disconnecting the battery for 15 min also?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow. This is a real strange one. Never heard of anything like it. Did you disconnect your battery before installing the filter? Then reconnect it after?

toby

Thanks for the reply. I will reinstall the filter and try to keep anything from touching it. I hate to bend the bracket and possibly chip the paint, but I will see what I can do. Thanks again. No I did not disconnect the first time, didn't think I needed to for a filter. After that every time I have. I didn't have this problem last week when I removed the box and ran at the track.

toby

Did what needforspeed said, no start. Put stock box back on reconnect battery set alarm wait 15min still no start. Disconnected battery will come back this evening and see if it will start. Sure hate to call dealer tomarrow but might have to.

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Once you get your car going let me know how it runs. I've been having problems with the Kenne Bell CAI. From hesitation to stalling. I wish I didn't go with the fenderwell CAI.:mj:

Users who are viewing this thread