CAI and warranty??

jcobra

Established Member
What are you guys experiencing at the dealerships with intakes and tunes when you go in for warranty work. I was thinking about doing the JLT kit with the intake and sct tuner with canned tune after I get a few more miles on it.:shrug:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
What are you guys experiencing at the dealerships with intakes and tunes when you go in for warranty work. I was thinking about doing the JLT kit with the intake and sct tuner with canned tune after I get a few more miles on it.:shrug:

Swapping back to the original intake and tune takes about 30 minutes if you are slow. My dealership says if it isn't on the car when it comes in they don't ask questions.

jcobra

Established Member
There has always been debate about wether or not they can tell if the computer has been flashed. Thoughts???

Blaine

Established Member
LOL... Just swap the OEM intake back on and flash to the OEM tune.

Also, talk to local GT500 owners and find out where people have taken their GT500's to for warranty work with their mods. Use the dealers that are known to be trusted.

Some dealers are VERY CROAKED and will SCREW you over faster than you can blink an eye. ;-)

skyhighsd

Established Member
There has always been debate about wether or not they can tell if the computer has been flashed. Thoughts???

If you have a problem with the dealer in your town let me know and I know a few other places near us that will work on are cars with mods. One guy is at 663 with a TVS not installed by a dealer and the dealership does his warr. work. But I got a card from one of the salemans from the dealer by your house and he told me he knew the owner very well and would most likely be able to get my trans tsb done with the KB on it. Then also I have heard Victor is mod friendly also but have no first hand exp.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

Yes, there is a certain mark left once a flash takes place. if they look
close enough, they will be able to see exactly what day/time it took place

was also this way on one of my Pontiac cars

if the mod is not a direct "cause" of "failure" then your good to go

jcobra

Established Member
If you have a problem with the dealer in your town let me know and I know a few other places near us that will work on are cars with mods. One guy is at 663 with a TVS not installed by a dealer and the dealership does his warr. work. But I got a card from one of the salemans from the dealer by your house and he told me he knew the owner very well and would most likely be able to get my trans tsb done with the KB on it. Then also I have heard Victor is mod friendly also but have no first hand exp.

Buss was always good with my 03. They replaced the halfshafts and hub assemblies under warranty with a full list of mods on the car and never said a word.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
every dealer is different. some dont care if its modded some do.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
They have to show that what you did caused the breakage and was past spec. Raise hell and tell them you know your rights....Magnunson-Moss Warranty Act. Even the TSB allows mild mods. For another car I own (not a Ford) the dealer said they would void my warranty if I did not use their oil filter...I laughed and replied how since I have Blackstone results showing better filtration with an Amsoil Filter and oil over the factory stuff....and that was just the start. Idiots are used to dealing with idiot consumers and cave at the least bit of logic. I run a Blackstone for every change on the GT500 and all levels are normal...they won't be able to say I caused additional stress with my mods since there is no additional junk in the oil.

Last edited:

boston2k4

deploy much?
Established Member
i went to war with a dealership over suspension/rearend components on 01 gt...i had an CAI, full exhaust, clutch, tune and short throw all the basic bolt-ons..and i did all the work myself which is a no-no?? (even thought im a mechanic) so they started with the improper installation of parts yadda yadda.. after a few hours i couldnt be nice anymore so i broke it down for them in plain ol' english my car is like the human body, my legs and arms are suspension points. my exhaust system of course is my @$$ now mr. know it all if you blow smoke up my @$$ do you think it will stop my arms from punching your face in? no they arent connected so stop jerking me around and fix it!

I was asked to leave with threats of police.... i later recieved a call from the shop floor supervisor needless to say he had my rearend whine repaired and i got new shocks and a free detail outta it. T

his was awhile ago but i got alot of info from a sema san:shrug:(not sure of url) they kinda deal with all the stuff tuners and modders go thru and have lots of info to help combat it. Magnunson-Moss Warranty Act. Ride height, lighting, tint, performance. I believe there was a golden rule some years back and it was if incressed MPG could not refuse it god knows what it is now i just ignore it and do my own thing.

if anyone know the url please post it up as i forgot :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread