CAI and throttle body.....now 01 cobra wont start

TMK01cobra

I purchased and installed at the same time a JLT cai and a BBK 65mm throttle body. After install car fires and dies immediately. I have already replaced the tps and iac valve. While researching this problem I have found the throttle bodies not to be very popular. I'm not totally opposed to going back to the factory one, but have already spent the money and would at least like to have car running and driving before I make that decision. Thanks for any help

01yellercobra

Established Member
Make sure all the connections are tight. There can't be any air leaks. If everything is tight try the stock throttle body.

cj428mach

Established Member
I think you have a problem with your maf reading the airflow. Could it be installed backwards or something. Its usually a dead give away because the car will start and die immediately as the ecm sees little to no airflow.

Mach828

Established Member
Which intake? Did you remember the vacuum line under the TB? Put a fresh TB gasket on? Did you verify you have the correct idle TPS voltage?

TMK01cobra

i'ts a jlt next generation cold air. The maf is relocated to fender well. Yes checked vacuum line, and yes its a new throttle body gasket. I have not checked tps voltage. Ill check maf direction and position again and voltage to tps tonight. thanks guys

Mach828

Established Member
TPS voltage is critical. You barely nudge it and it drastically changes. Get the voltage under control and you car will be driveable.

BigEasy

Established Member
Id say TPS Voltage aswell. I took my TB , plenum, and intake off to clean them and i had the same problem untill i checked TPS Voltage and now it runs like a champ again. (I have the same TB as you bought)

Users who are viewing this thread