Caffeine and Octane Atlanta

mavisky

Established Member
Made it out after weathering a little early morning rain. Rain kept threatening to cut loose again so only made it to the main lot. This event draws hundreds of cars and may well clear 1,000. Attached a few of the photos that may interest you folk. Not to sound jaded, but at these events a bone stock Ferrari or Lamborghini is almost boring and not really picture worthy.

Made it on site about 6:15 this morning and nabbed a spot near a couple other GT500's, some of who browse this sight. In this image you're seeing about 1/6th of the total cars at this event at best.
IMG_3611_zps010dcf04.gif

Mustangs everywhere. No other make and model had this kind of turnout.
IMG_3609_zpsbda417e5.gif

A couple nice cobra replicas
IMG_3608_zps7e409054.gif

IMG_3605_zps490a999f.gif

Panoz Esperante
IMG_3603_zps2db5e6f9.gif

Custom Challenger convertible
IMG_3601_zps21195b18.gif

IMG_3600_zps5e624138.gif

Another challenger sporting possibly the widest wheel lip I've ever seen in my life.
IMG_3599_zps5aca92d9.gif

Some sort of crazy LS powered track ready kit car
IMG_3596_zps115e069f.gif

TopSpeed built widebody twin turbo Audi R8 V10
IMG_3594_zpsde0cb9e5.gif

IMG_3593_zpscf13ec62.gif

IMG_3592_zps98c81467.gif

Military hardware
IMG_3591_zps65d17adc.gif

IMG_3590_zps29c91d5a.gif

Shhhh

Established Member
Cool pictures! I've never been in town for one of these unfortunately.

That kit car kind of looks like an Ultima but im not totally sure. They always seen to have a really nice group of cars at this event.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I was there incognito with the family from about 8:30-10. What an amazing event, I've never seen that variety of cool cars in one place before. One of the Lambo's cranked up and did a bunch of revs when we were close by. :bowdown:

mavisky

Established Member
We were in the same large lot as him (black Murcielago was the one reving most the day) and over by the big trailer with detail products.

silverstang23

Established Member
Looks like a good turnout. I didn't go since the roads were all wet down here. They need to find a bigger location again. 6:15 is almost to late to get there if the weather is good.

mavisky

Established Member
Today was actually a little down on cars due to the weather. Next time I'll go and try to get a panoramic shot or something.

Here's the header shot from their website showing the main lot. The problem is that there really isn't a tall vantage point to get a good overview from easily.

4-13panorama960.jpg

mavisky

Established Member
Looks like a good turnout. I didn't go since the roads were all wet down here. They need to find a bigger location again. 6:15 is almost to late to get there if the weather is good.

Agreed. I got there at 6:15 today to get into the main lot in a good spot. I drove there through the rain and had to give the car a final wipe down once the rain finally quit, but by 9:45 you could have parked about anywhere as most of the people who'd been there since 6 were making their way home.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Was a good time, I was there with a friend and his dad. That track car is an Ultima GTR, has a warmed over LS1.

Some kid kept revving his 5.0 every 10min- He didnt get that being loud doesnt mean sounding good!

mavisky

Established Member
Was a good time, I was there with a friend and his dad. That track car is an Ultima GTR, has a warmed over LS1.

Some kid kept revving his 5.0 every 10min- He didnt get that being loud doesnt mean sounding good!

Just found it - Race Car Replicas is the manufacturer. It's their superlite coupe.

http://www.race-car-replicas.com/rcrp.html

I don't know that I heard the 5.0 kid over the LS powered 240 drift car parked near us.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Was that the blue one that the kid was working on all morning?

The challenger vert was well done- I pointed them out and asked my buddy and his dad "whats wrong with this picture?" Neither got it, beyond the wide body on the white one. it even looked like it had a proper top/mechanism

mavisky

Established Member
Was that the blue one that the kid was working on all morning?

Yes that one who was apparently working on his steering knuckles and decided the best way to test them was to rev his nearly mufflerless exhaust to redline a few times every half hour.

The challenger vert was well done- I pointed them out and asked my buddy and his dad "whats wrong with this picture?" Neither got it, beyond the wide body on the white one. it even looked like it had a proper top/mechanism

Yea I did a double take on the vert as it wasn't but a week or two that my dad were sitting around (he's got an 04 gt vert) discussing the challenger and saying that it seemed odd that Dodge didn't do a convertible version to match the Mustang and Camaro.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Man, I really need to get out to this sometime. I wish it wasn't so early, considering I live a good ways away. Doesn't help that I'm always up real late Saturday nights lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice photos. I never get tired of viewing Cars & Coffee and Caffeine & Octane event photos. Some awesome vehicles in that bunch!

Zemedici

Established Member
I was there with the fiancee but we were exhausted so just kinda rushed through, I was in my buddies truck -next month I'll bring the cobra

Users who are viewing this thread