C8Z06 unveiled today

blk02edge

Established Member
That sounds like fun. Are you planning to do VARAC?

I am building a M3 to race in BMW CCA.
Currently signed up for SR3 Cup 2022 but I also may just be working with a friend developing all sorts of cars and coaching karts and open wheel.

My next car likely will have nothing to do with the road course. I get enough seat time in other people's cars to care anymore. Have my eyes on either a 60's Vette or E-type road car

quad

Established Member
7.35 is the plaid time and even that is suspect since limp mode is typically never more than 5 minutes away. The c8z will make mincemeat of your EV on a track.
I am sure it will. The Plaid can do (20) sub 10 second 1/4 mile runs back to back but it won't be able to compete with the Z06 on Nürburgring. It will be interesting to see what time they run when they get a chance to. BMW and Tesla crashes prevented them from completing a run recently. Perhaps sub 7 minute ...

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
I’d pick the C6Z purely based on looks.

Can’t get into the C8 looks.

Bunch of them running around here now and one dude put some sort of graphics across the door, running all the way back to the rear quarter. Ugh. Looks horrible and super cheesy.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I agree. I won't say the C8 is the worse design ever obviously. But look how busy the hood is with all those facets. It almost looks like a low-polygon 3D model lol!

There are people that absolutely love the design. I read some comments on Youtube and many are raving about the C8 Z06. It does appeal to many and will be in demand.

chevrolet_corvette_z06_2022_pierwsze_oficjalne_zdjecie_trafilo_do_sieci.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I am sure it will. The Plaid can do (20) sub 10 second 1/4 mile runs back to back but it won't be able to compete with the Z06 on Nürburgring. It will be interesting to see what time they run when they get a chance to. BMW and Tesla crashes prevented them from completing a run recently. Perhaps sub 7 minute ...

7.35 was the time. Look it up. And even that is suspicious. EVs suck dick on the track, apparently you are not aware.

quad

Established Member
7.35 was the time. Look it up. And even that is suspicious. EVs suck dick on the track, apparently you are not aware.
I know that. I was wondering if the C8 Z06 will break the 7 minute mark. Making it over 35 seconds faster than the Plaid. They are still testing the Plaid at the track though so maybe that time will drop in the future.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I know that. I was wondering if the C8 Z06 will break the 7 minute mark. Making it over 35 seconds faster than the Plaid. They are still testing the Plaid at the track though so maybe that time will drop in the future.
It will for sure drop, people dont realize EV its still in its infancy compared to gas engines.

Theres already hate with the C8Z since its DOHC, low torque, etc. I bet LS fanboys are going to kill themselves when the ZR1 comes out and its a hybrid. LOL

quad

Established Member
Forgot to mention there's an in cabin view of them running that time. What's suspicious about that?

blk02edge

Established Member
It will for sure drop, people dont realize EV its still in its infancy compared to gas engines.

Theres already hate with the C8Z since its DOHC, low torque, etc. I bet LS fanboys are going to kill themselves when the ZR1 comes out and its a hybrid. LOL
EV's are in their infancy but electric motors and batteries are nearly as old as gas. An EV can only be as good as those two factors.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Even with the Tesla's amazing power, traction, etc. comparing a sports car (Z06 Vette) to a 4 door luxury (Tesla Plaid) car, regardless of its powertrain, seems kind of moot to me. Two very different animals. Kind of like when everyone wants to compare the Mustang to a Vette. Different animals.

I'd like to see the Vette go against Ferraris and the like. I am not a Chevy fan by any means, but I hope it torches them.

q6543

Established Member
I've seen it posted already but I think it's gonna be a dud.

So... it's down 80 ft/lb from a c6z... and 190 ft/lb from a C7Z.

Can't wait to see these guys bragging about running 11.7s in the 1/4... the ONLY metric that matters to AMERICA.

blk02edge

Established Member

Can't wait to see these guys bragging about running 11.7s in the 1/4... the ONLY metric that matters to AMERICA.
That WAS the only metric America cared about. That has changed vastly. Track days are full and marketing teams know

blk02edge

Established Member
No amount of editing will change the fact that track days are full and people want them. Even if it's 95% c&c Americans still want them.

Plus, not sure why you are upset, it's still the most powerful Z06 ever and the ZR1 is next

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

A 2.6 0-60 should be a faily good early indicator that this thing will absolutely rip.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Forgot to mention there's an in cabin view of them running that time. What's suspicious about that?

So it is verified as being exactly the same as what you buy from Tesla? The one that they brought to the ring in August had totally different wheels tires and suspension.

Model-S-Plaid-Nurburgring-2-1024x633.webp

quad

Established Member

Yes they are going to go faster than the official 7:35 IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread