C8Z06 unveiled today

techi14

Established Member
I think they said torque was like 480 if I remember correctly. Pretty impressive out of a small block N/A with what looked like individual throttle bodies.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think they said torque was like 480 if I remember correctly. Pretty impressive out of a small block N/A with what looked like individual throttle bodies.
Has twin throttle bodies and individual short runners per cylinder, and what they call "triple tuning valves"

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Lol, wow damn good numbers from a NA 5.5. At the same time, completely new engine architecture AFAIK and a 8,600 redline. Sick but miiiiight want to get the next model year considering the C6Z had valve issues.

If it proves reliable (and price point) well ****ing done Chevy. Just nervous that it's very ambitious and a lot of tech outside of their normal formula. Should sound awesome though. If it works and ~100k it's kind of a game changer. Not much in that price range touting flatplane dohc rev-monster, mid engine ~600+ at the wheels stock.

Last edited:

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol, wow damn good numbers from a NA 5.5. At the same time, completely new engine architecture AFAIK and a 8,600 redline. Sick but miiiiight want to get the next model year considering the C6Z had valve issues.

If it proves reliable (and price point) well ****ing done Chevy. Just nervous that it's very ambitious and a lot of tech outside of their normal formula. Should sound awesome though. If it works and ~100k it's kind of a game changer. Not much in that price range touting flatplane dohc rev-monster, mid engine ~600+ at the wheels stock.
You can already get a "regular" Vette at over $100K...

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There's always one.

Why because you have less power? Worse brakes? Poorer handling?

Or because "front engine der der"
Because it is less than half the money and only down 25% on performance, if that.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I found several with less than 10,000 miles, one owner for $50K or less. What "previous problems" would you be talking about?
I built one a few years ago, and without much effort ended up with 575 rwhp N/A. It also weighed only 3,000 lbs. I would bet it would give the new one a run for it's money...

BTW, I am not a Vette person. I actually really dislike these cars. But if I were forced to have one, it would be a C6 Z06

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
There's always one.

Why because you have less power? Worse brakes? Poorer handling?

Or because "front engine der der"
lol ok buddy. You clearly never drove one and couldn’t obviously afford either.

If I was going to spend $100k it wouldn’t be on an American car.

Dusten

Established Member
I found several with less than 10,000 miles, one owner for $50K or less. What "previous problems" would you be talking about?
I built one a few years ago, and without much effort ended up with 575 rwhp N/A. It also weighed only 3,000 lbs. I would bet it would give the new one a run for it's money...

Even in 10,000 miles you have no idea what the previous owner has done.

Trying to compare a 10+ year old car to a new one based on cost and "it's almost as good" is ridiculous.

So is your "I built one and it should be as good"

Cool, because there's no way anyone can mod the new one.

Once you start talking builds the only limit is money.

That said, a mid/rear car is just simply going to outperform a front/rear car when power and weight are similar. It's physics.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Even in 10,000 miles you have no idea what the previous owner has done.

Trying to compare a 10+ year old car to a new one based on cost and "it's almost as good" is ridiculous.

So is your "I built one and it should be as good"

Cool, because there's no way anyone can mod the new one.

Once you start talking builds the only limit is money.

That said, a mid/rear car is just simply going to outperform a front/rear car when power and weight are similar. It's physics.
That is fine. Lets set a limit of $150K. (price of car included)
I can guarantee that by the time I have a $150K in a 09 Z06 it will walk the dog on anything that can be done for the same money with a 2023 Z06.
The only bragging point the 2023 will have is that it is a 2023...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
C7D18C77-42EF-4086-AD26-F41D5095BDBD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread