C8 Mid Engine Teaser Video

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know how I feel about the C8 mid engine bodystyle yet.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If I remember correctly, wasn't it a Dodge/Plymouth concept?
Originally, the M4S—commonly known now as the Turbo Interceptor—was a Dodge supercar concept that put out more than 440 hp, until experts from the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini were called in. The result was groundbreaking: not only did it have 800 hp from its mid-engined 2.2 liter turbo 4 cylinder, it pioneered a twin turbo setup later adopted by the Porsche 959 and Toyota Supra, among others.
Capable of 0-60 in just over four seconds en route to a top speed near 185 mph, the car nearly killed the stunt driver when it first appeared on the set of The Wraith. Two other prototypes were toned down for the sake of the film.
A few examples were made for the movie, and one's now for sale on Craigslist for a mere $150,000.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Originally, the M4S—commonly known now as the Turbo Interceptor—was a Dodge supercar concept that put out more than 440 hp, until experts from the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini were called in. The result was groundbreaking: not only did it have 800 hp from its mid-engined 2.2 liter turbo 4 cylinder, it pioneered a twin turbo setup later adopted by the Porsche 959 and Toyota Supra, among others.
Capable of 0-60 in just over four seconds en route to a top speed near 185 mph, the car nearly killed the stunt driver when it first appeared on the set of The Wraith. Two other prototypes were toned down for the sake of the film.
A few examples were made for the movie, and one's now for sale on Craigslist for a mere $150,000.

Thanks, cool info.
Link doesn't work though.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Teaser was not good. So far, America has never built a car that can compete with a 720S or Performante or GT2 RS. The Ford GT is the greatest American car and it cannot compete with a 720S/Senna. This C8 will fail to compete at the highest level, period. I have yet to see an American company dedicate itself to building something as magnificent as a McLaren or Ferrari. When it comes to running the Nurburgring, America sucks. I know this may be harsh and hard to swallow, but it is the truth. My dream has always been to see an American car be classified as elite, this C8 will not be. However, maybe it will reinvigorate and excite enthusiasts, who knows. I do however, hope for GMs sake, that it is successful. I am looking forward to this car.
The Americans have never put a fraction of the effort into rings times as Porsche has. Not that long ago the ACR-X was the ultimate alpha track weapon. But, nobody will ever out engineer Porsche, thats just reality. The c7zr1 actually has more mechanical grip than the 2RS but battling that german engineering of a total overall package is like fighting an alien race, good luck

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
The Americans have never put a fraction of the effort into rings times as Porsche has. Not that long ago the ACR-X was the ultimate alpha track weapon. But, nobody will ever out engineer Porsche, thats just reality. The c7zr1 actually has more mechanical grip than the 2RS but battling that german engineering of a total overall package is like fighting an alien race, good luck

You're right. It hurts to say that but it's the truth. I love American cars but have always hope that they would build something as amazing as a Senna, GT2 RS or Performante. ACR used to be the standard for racetrack performance, not any more.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I don't know.. The Viper has always done well.

The Big Three will never come out with cars that directly compete with the highest level of performance cars.

This GEN V ACR is amazing on track but the build quality and interior refinement pale in comparison to a 488 Pista or SVJ. The Europenas have passed up the ACR and Dodge doesn't have the same level of total dedication to catch back up. They also don't have the money, still riddled with debt. Personally, I'd like to believe America (Ford GT notwithstanding) could do it if they chose to.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This GEN V ACR is amazing on track but the build quality and interior refinement pale in comparison to a 488 Pista or SVJ. The Europenas have passed up the ACR and Dodge doesn't have the same level of total dedication to catch back up. They also don't have the money, still riddled with debt. Personally, I'd like to believe America (Ford GT notwithstanding) could do it if they chose to.

Eh for $100k less, I'd rather have the ACR than a 488 Pista. I could own the ACR and my newly found joy of a SL-C 600 LS7, for the same price as a Pista, and not have NEAR the money wrapped up in maintenance. The Viper tax sucks, but it's nothing like the Ferrari and Porsche tax.

Users who are viewing this thread