C6 ZO6 making some FAST test-n-tune passes

SnotRod

Established Member
Took the car out on the new set up to get the car dialed in. I was more the happy with the results and have a new PB in the 1/4. Big shout out to the guys of Unlimited Performance of Corpus Christi Tx. They built a hell of a car!!

http://youtu.be/PzG50hQv_ng
First pass right off the trailer, spun a bit and only opened one bottle!!lol rookie mistake, still managed to run a 9.8 at 149

http://youtu.be/i_teC1Xp7ro
Came back around and lowered the tire pressure just a tad more, and opened the second bottle this time!lol and bam! Car ran a 9.35 with a 1.39 60ft!!

http://youtu.be/Q9ZUHbnM48c
Another angle of the same pass

http://youtu.be/a88MZhA5fB0
Also have a inside vid! Don't mind my helmet!lol

Last edited:

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Damn. That was awesome. That first video was just nuts... awesome car and awesome times. Is there a build thread on this?

SnotRod

Established Member
Damn. That was awesome. That first video was just nuts... awesome car and awesome times. Is there a build thread on this?

I didn't really get a chance to do one with how busy I have been at work. And the shop that built the car were really busy at the time of the build. It was right before TX2k

tigbitties

IG: andrewharpers
Established Member
haha that was sick.. Your car works good. Makes me want to sell my cobra and buy a Vette even more.. lol at the last video.. Chewing gum the whole way down the track. Awesome

SCalla1384

Established Member
Damn, that's rollin out. H/C/I and 150 shot? Think that's what I saw on a different video.

What's your exhaust setup?

SnotRod

Established Member
haha that was sick.. Your car works good. Makes me want to sell my cobra and buy a Vette even more.. lol at the last video.. Chewing gum the whole way down the track. Awesome

Thanks bro. I had a 2003 cobra with a built motor and a 2.8H Kenne bell prior to this car. I loved my cobra, but this car is another animal in its own league! It traps 138 on motor!!lol

The way that thing takes off made me say WTF out loud. Holy shit

lol!! Thanks bro

Damn!!! Build details?

LSX 427, mast black label 305cc heads, fast 102 intake, 102 throttle body, custom cam, 2in headers, nitrous outlet 2 stage plate, 15in conversion.

Are those backfires from the WOT box?

I am guessing so, the car has a ligenfelter 2step/timing box on it.

SnotRod

Established Member
Damn, that's rollin out. H/C/I and 150 shot? Think that's what I saw on a different video.

What's your exhaust setup?

That was my set up on the stock ls7 now it's a built motor, the 9.35 was on a 250shot. The motor was built for a 400. We're still testing and tuning on the car. Exhaust is 2in headers to a 3in cat less x pipe to the Stock cat back that has the "muffler mod" done to it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's one really nice C6Z. Nice driving skills, too. Nice run in that second video. :rockon:

SCalla1384

Established Member
That was my set up on the stock ls7 now it's a built motor, the 9.35 was on a 250shot. The motor was built for a 400. We're still testing and tuning on the car. Exhaust is 2in headers to a 3in cat less x pipe to the Stock cat back that has the "muffler mod" done to it.

Jesus that's crazy.

What's the muffler mod? I'm new to the c6z world. I just picked mine up about a week ago. Debating on going borla stingers or stock catback with headers and off road x.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Jesus that's crazy.

What's the muffler mod? I'm new to the c6z world. I just picked mine up about a week ago. Debating on going borla stingers or stock catback with headers and off road x.

I'm guessing that's where you modify the butterfly valves for the active exhaust to where they're open all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread