C6 Z06 vs GT 500

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Last November I was out cruising the highway one Sunday morning just a week or so after installing and tuning a 2.9 Whipple with supporting mods. It was a crisp cool morning and my car was running strong. I was enjoying my new power. My car looks stock down to the wheels which have been have been widened for rear 335 drag radials. The cat backs are stock. The only clues are the A pillar pods and the rear tires. I was driving about 55 in the right lane and I see a black Vette coming up fast in the left lane.

As the Vette got closer I could see it was a black C6 Z06 that was lowered probably had an after market exhaust based on the sound. I have no idea if he had performance mods or not. The Vetted was blacked out with black wheels and very dark tint. The car looked aggressive as hell. The Vette slowed and matched his speed with me and the driver reved his engine a couple of time. I knew what was on his mind. "Ahh some nice fat GT 500 pork for breakfast" Anyway I had not really put the GT 500 to a good test since the upgrades and thought "its now or never"

I returned his rev. The Vette owner rolled his heavily tinted window down and I caught a good view of him for the first time. He was in his 30s and had a huge grin on his face. After a few hand signals it was understood we would go on 3 honks and he would honk it off.

He slowed down to 45 and I geared down and matched speed with him. He honked once twice and nailed a split second before the third honk. By the time I reacted he was a car ahead. I feathered the throttle to 75 mph then went WOT to keep the tires from breaking loose. By the end of second I was a full car or more ahead and I slammed third hard and put 4-5 cars on him by 145 mph and shut it down tapped my brakes and slowed down to 55 or so. The driver pulled along side and leaned over and looked through his passenger window with a WTF look. :lol1: He wanted another try so we slowed down and made another pull. This time I was ready and he jumped about a fender on the hit. I put 5-6 cars on him and got off it at about 150. He drove up and gave the GT 500 a long eye ball and a thumbs up and drove on.

I had to chuckle a little and think "no pork for you today"

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Post it up anyway, id like to see/hear your car in action. :rockon:

I had just got the video camera and the guy with the camera got thrown back into his seat. So the video is pretty bad. :lol:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQNWfrImd0"]YouTube- GT 500 modded VS BMW M% Modded[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread