C6 Z06 vs C6 ZR1 vs C7Z06 at Nürburgring Nordschleife

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I never got an answer to my question so I thought I might answer it myself on an open forum. The question is, is the new zo6 a better performance auto than the old z or zr1?

People have answered your question many times but the answer doesn't suit your argument. I'm on Z06vette.com and Corvetteforum.com and haven't seen you post this question there. Are Ring times all you're concerned about? I would imagine a C7Z and a ZR1 are very close in performance and maybe the ZR1 will win some races over the new Z06. Faster cars lose races all the time. I do know that we've seen a ton of videos of the new Z being a badass and winning lots of races.

Now, to my question. Do you own a ZR1? Or a C7Z? If so, find one of the other cars and see for yourself which one is faster.

Isn't this horse dead yet? I mean, really?

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
What we know.
0-60 all are about the same.
1320 c6z is the slowest and the zr1 c7z is the same(traction dependent)
0-150 c7z is the slowest, c6z next, zr1 the fastest(up to 1.5 secs faster than the c7z)
60-130 I have yet to see stock numbers on.

On track:
G rating is based on the how the tires stick. No test to prove or disprove this theory.
GM has the c7z running vir faster than the 918.
GM has the c7z running slower than the zr1 at the ring and possibly slower than c6z.

Last edited:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
GM has the c7z running slower than the zr1 at the ring and possibly slower than c6z.

Proof? And once again, do Ring times matter? Is that your ultimate gauge of a car? Who ever said the C7Z was supposed to be a better car than the ZR1?

Other than that, it sounds like you answered your own question? Horse dead?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Proof? And once again, do Ring times matter? Is that your ultimate gauge of a car? Who ever said the C7Z was supposed to be a better car than the ZR1?

Other than that, it sounds like you answered your own question? Horse dead?

GM running the ring and not releasing a marketing video is very good evidence.
No they dont mean anything to me but to GM they mean a lot.
No, because there is no way to check the authenticity of the stock automobile.
That is the entire point. I keep saying that the new Z06 is a great car but it is not something we not seen before. We have seen the same performance characteristics of the new z in the zr1. Why is the new z "oh wow" and the zr1 a "has been" when they are the same car?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
GM running the ring and not releasing a marketing video is very good evidence.
Why is the new z "oh wow" and the zr1 a "has been" when they are the same car?

So no proof..

It's the new thing... They achieved equal to or better performance for $20,000 less.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I keep saying that the new Z06 is a great car but it is not something we not seen before. We have seen the same performance characteristics of the new z in the zr1. Why is the new z "oh wow" and the zr1 a "has been" when they are the same car?

Out of curiosity. Did the ZR1 beat the GTR of it's time? Has there been any races with it against a 918? I'm just asking to see if we can compare it to the cars the C7Z is up against.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So no proof..

It's the new thing... They achieved equal to or better performance for $20,000 less.

Equal performance for 25k less is a win. Definitely!

Out of curiosity. Did the ZR1 beat the GTR of it's time? Has there been any races with it against a 918? I'm just asking to see if we can compare it to the cars the C7Z is up against.

Beat the GTR time where?
The ZR1 ran the same time at the ring as the last GTR. The Nismo GTR took off about 10 sec(10 sec faster than the zr1), who knows if any of these times are anywhere near stock? The Nismo put down a 49 at VIR. The 918 ran a 43. And yet people believe the new Z ran a 41? That is Funny!

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Equal performance for 25k less is a win. Definitely!

Beat the GTR time where?
The ZR1 ran the same time at the ring as the last GTR. The Nismo GTR took off about 10 sec(10 sec faster than the zr1), who knows if any of these times are anywhere near stock? The Nismo put down a 49 at VIR. The 918 ran a 43. And yet people believe the new Z ran a 41? That is Funny!

Anywhere besides the Ring. I haven't seen (or looked) for any tests with any model ZR1 vs a comparable GTR. Were there any done to your knowledge? Maybe that could help the comparison? I dunno.

And yes, I agree. A ZR1 equal for $25k less is pretty good... How many ZR1's were made? Is it considered a special edition vette?

Users who are viewing this thread