C6 Z06 vs 96 Supra TT (2JZ manual)

Suprafrk91

My car has stock twins, it's in the low 400's. Low to mid 400's is pretty consistent for most BPU cars. Unless you are running the upgraded twins, which can put you in the 500+ range. I drove a Z06 the other day for the first time, safe to say I'd get ate with my mods.

Mach Z

Established Member
Since the supra owner's car is making 500+ horsepower I'll be sure to let him know he has upgraded turbos.
Unfortunately this is just what it looks like when a supra is lugging around 4000lbs with a driver who has only driven the car once before, even though you can hear him banging those gears in the second video.

Mach Z

Established Member
Only out of curiosity, is there Z06 site you post this to as well?

I am only a member of this forum and the corvette forum and racing stories and videos aren't tolerated over there. I've been a long time reader and this seems to be the main meeting place for cool stories and vids. Also you get the most diversity and opinions over here. This is very neutral ground. So short answer, no.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Since the supra owner's car is making 500+ horsepower I'll be sure to let him know he has upgraded turbos.
Unfortunately this is just what it looks like when a supra is lugging around 4000lbs with a driver who has only driven the car once before, even though you can hear him banging those gears in the second video.

They only weigh 3450lbs. Unless the driver is over 600lbs, that's a stretch. Also if it's a 96 he did a Getrag swap as the TT cars only came in Auto due to emissions that yr.

Last edited:

Mach Z

Established Member
They only weigh 3450lbs. Unless the driver is over 600lbs, that's a stretch. Also if it's a 96 he did a Getrag swap as the TT cars only came in Auto due to emissions that yr.

As I said before the driver and passenger where 450lbs and the meth tank is all but an aquarium tank so its no stretch at all. So I stand by what I said at 4000lbs

Ba_SVT

Established Member
I am only a member of this forum and the corvette forum and racing stories and videos aren't tolerated over there. I've been a long time reader and this seems to be the main meeting place for cool stories and vids. Also you get the most diversity and opinions over here. This is very neutral ground. So short answer, no.

Fair enough. So what happens at the Corvette forum then...minus racing stories and videos...who legislates you can't do either?

Mach Z

Established Member
Fair enough. So what happens at the Corvette forum then...minus racing stories and videos...who legislates you can't do either?

Vendors promoting products, people selling new and used items, Q&A, 1/4 mile times, legal racing videos, ect ect.
The Mods over there are always closing/locking threads/deleting posts/protecting vendor reputations. It's a very well oiled machine. If someone doesn't like what you post you better believe it is being reported. To an extent it keeps it clean however most of the time it's over the top.

Are you located in Tulsa Oklahoma?

Me? No.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Vendors promoting products, people selling new and used items, Q&A, 1/4 mile times, legal racing videos, ect ect.
The Mods over there are always closing/locking threads/deleting posts/protecting vendor reputations. It's a very well oiled machine. If someone doesn't like what you post you better believe it is being reported. To an extent it keeps it clean however most of the time it's over the top.

Me? No.

I spend some time over there and every other thread is a damn advertisement. Drives me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread