C6 Z06 vs 96 Supra TT (2JZ manual)

Mach Z

Established Member
UPDATE: I found a second video showing what was going on races 1-5

A few of my friends and I decide to get together to drive up to a local hangout in "mexico" to see some cars and grab food(60+ nothing worth talking about though). To my surprise my buddy decided to leave the NSX (stock) at home and borrowed his brothers freshly modded Supra. I had been trying to get a piece of that Supra for quite some time but his brother is the type to not race if it's not a guaranteed victory. After he heard I was close to the power he had on low boost he said oh, well if we race I'll have to turn it up to high boost. Well THAT race never happened. Fast forward to this night same car different driver.

The four of us set off in three cars and start crusing to out destination. There was zero talk about getting some runs in on the way up so the first six races weren't caught on video do to the passanger not owning a smart phone :shrug:. The Supra with passanger lines up next to me and drops his speed down to 40mph (big no no when running a Z06 but I cut him a break). I match his speed but only drop down to third gear because it was about 40 degrees at night and I didn't want to spin, I was being a little cocky knowing he'd only be on low boost all night, and because he had a passenger (440lbs to my 175lbs). He honks it off and we roll out to about 120, all outcomes were decided before my need to ever shift out of third gear. I won races one through five by 1.5-2 cars still walking so there was no need to continue.

Race six right before our destination my buddy looks over at the passenger (straight out of a movie) flips open the arm rest and says "IT'S TIME TO WIN" and ups the boost. I had no clue what was going on but I found out quick fast and in a hurry that somthing was up after he dropped his speed to 40 once more and honked it off. We start running, at about 100mph I look in the rear view where he had been all night, I said hmm he's not there. I glance over and this dude is actuly gaining ground on me his front bumper on my front fender and kinda pulling. At this point I can hear the sound of his turbos over my cutouts. I am then forced to grab 4th gear at 120 so there was no confuson win or lose on who the winner was or was going to be. We stopped at about 155 with me stopping his pull and putting his front bumper at my door. Me being the good samaritan and trying to make the races decent almost cost me. Once we got to where we were going I heard the classic "dude I almost had you" with all the people now starting to gather at our cars I changed the subject rather than finishing the line. I asked how the heck he kept up so good. I figured maybe he gave break boosting a shot which he hadn't all night. The passenger then told me about the "IT'S TIME TO WIN" statement extremely loud trying to play to the crowd, so for the ride home I decided to show him I was holding back also. Only difference... the cameras where rolling!

C6 Corvette Z06 vs 96 Toyota Supra twin turbo 2JZ - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOt6x0DGemw

The C6 Z06 is stock with the exception of cutouts. The TT Supra has meth, exhaust, intake, aem ecm, tune, boost controller, and drag radials (I may be forgetting some things do to the length of time since the initial call out I gave his brother). Low boost 475, high boost 510

Last edited:

Just_A_GT

Established Member
good write up and nice kill!!

should be interesting to see what his brother has to say about his car finally being put up against your Z06 and getting walked

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Good kill!

I dig the "time to win" lol

By cutouts do you mean stock exhaust with the fuse pulled or M to W switch? Or do you have actual cutouts?

Any other kills worth mentioning?

Last edited:

Mach Z

Established Member
Good kill!

I dig the "time to win" lol

By cutouts do you mean stock exhaust with the fuse pulled or M to W switch? Or do you have actual cutouts?

Any other kills worth mentioning?

They are actual cutouts I should have said electric but after they almost burnt my car to the ground after the wire caught fire they arent electric anymore.

No other kills. All the honda guys (we went to high school together but don't really talk) back out after they hear my car. They dont believe its just cutouts. They only want to race if its a guaranteed win. I know I would have lost he had a 525whp+ turbo integra.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
They are actual cutouts I should have said electric but after they almost burnt my car to the ground after the wire caught fire they arent electric anymore.

No other kills. All the honda guys (we went to high school together but don't really talk) back out after they hear my car. They dont believe its just cutouts. They only want to race if its a guaranteed win. I know I would have lost he had a 525whp+ turbo integra.

oh wow. Where are they mounted? Right after the manifold?

Mach Z

Established Member
That was a race? Seems like it was over before it began.

U.M.
It definitely was over before it began I wish we could have gotten the 6th race but if I can avoid a recorded loss I will do so at all costs so I didnt want to risk another close one.

good write up and nice kill!!

should be interesting to see what his brother has to say about his car finally being put up against your Z06 and getting walked

When my friend showed his brother the video he said "dude you should have turned the boost up" lololol.

oh wow. Where are they mounted? Right after the manifold?
Right before the mufflers. I actually got trapped inside the car because I went into panic mode when the cabin began to fill with smoke. The electric doors wouldn't work after I calmed down I pulled the manual release and got out. The wires burned like those july 4th snakes that mess up the sidewalk

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
It definitely was over before it began I wish we could have gotten the 6th race but if I can avoid a recorded loss I will do so at all costs so I didnt want to risk another close one.

When my friend showed his brother the video he said "dude you should have turned the boost up" lololol.

Right before the mufflers. I actually got trapped inside the car because I went into panic mode when the cabin began to fill with smoke. The electric doors wouldn't work after I calmed down I pulled the manual release and got out. The wires burned like those july 4th snakes that mess up the sidewalk

That is some spooky shit man. Glad it didn't do more damage.

I have a Z as well. I haven't had the chance to run anything really to see where it stacks up. I have a friend with a 500 HP procharged mach 1. I am wanting to run him to get a baseline of where my car stands as it is. Then I will begin the modding.

Last edited:

Mach Z

Established Member
Not sure where it came from but I found one of my 3rd gear pulls vs the supra on my buddies google drive. This one actually looks like a race haha. I'll post it as soon as I figure out how to download it to my phone.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Wow that was murder!!!!

I guess seeing all these 1200hp supras on those videos of TX2K or FL2K, has me thinking they are monsters but thanks to this GREAT video I now know they are not all God's lmao.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I didn't know there were any MK4 Supras still around with stock twins.. Good kill.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Been wanting to race a supra since I had my mach. So is that considered alot to get to 500rwhp for those cars? Or is that basic bolt ons to them, like cobras getting a pulley, port, injectors to get to 500?

Mach Z

Established Member
Been wanting to race a supra since I had my mach. So is that considered alot to get to 500rwhp for those cars? Or is that basic bolt ons to them, like cobras getting a pulley, port, injectors to get to 500?

To my knowledge (very limited) it isn't much for them but considering he's coming up on double the whp over stock with having very few mods its a lot. His is a BPU+ Supra, pretty much basic performance upgrades. I can't wait to run the car with the owner driving it with no passenger. In that race I had every advantage with the exception of him honking.

Wow that was murder!!!!

I guess seeing all these 1200hp supras on those videos of TX2K or FL2K, has me thinking they are monsters but thanks to this GREAT video I now know they are not all God's lmao.

I can't lie even after that run I'm still a little nervous about running the actual owner of the car for the reasons you stated. Psychologically all supras to me have a minimum of 800hp. I never knew any owner to not shoot at least for 800 untill this guy.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I can't lie even after that run I'm still a little nervous about running the actual owner of the car for the reasons you stated. Psychologically all supras to me have a minimum of 800hp. I never knew any owner to not shoot at least for 800 untill this guy.

Hahahaha I feel you man

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member

MRSUPRA

Established Member

With stock twins, you're not going to get much more than 450rwhp. With a big single and E85, watch out.

Users who are viewing this thread