C6 Z06 vs. 03 Cobra

HellrasierCobra

Established Member
^^^^ Well one thing I wanted to point out is that that KB Cobra is a little on the weak side I mean comeon my car made 640rwhp with only a 2.2LKB @21psi and I would say by the sound of the video the guy doesnt know how to Power shift either

zo6man

you could take him with a few mods. put 4.10 gears,long tubeheaders cats,roylepurpleoil treatment through whole car,e 3plugs ,and something alot of peaple do not know nx fuel additive. adds 5%increase normal asperated moters 20% in nitris and littletune.but do not mess with him in 1st or 2nd gear.

I agree with you bro..
Until i hook up with a C6Z the Cobra community has limited reference points. From all the videos i've seen we basically have one win in the streets...
YouTube - Whipple Cobra vs C6 Z06
And it's an anomoly to lay down over 600HP @ 17lbs in Cali..

I remember that vid and how far back that Z06 trailed. I definitely agree that if you're sharp and can really go through the gears, with a stout port or T/S...it simply can be done.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Generally cobra's around my neck of the woods are roughly 540 - 580HP @ 17lbs on pump gas

HellrasierCobra

Established Member
Best and Only Way is Like said above Hoosier's with a ported Blower with a 2.93 upper and 4lb lower with a good shot of N20 and oh 1 other thing A DIG!!!!!!!

Ok so I have a few questions then...could I do it with a 2.8 pulley and a tune or do I need to get a port as well

Are you kidding? :lol: Of course you're going to need a port. Definitely think an upper/lower combo for sure. And then you better make sure your IRS is set to hook. But like its been said, you really better know how to unleash hell. Everyone that drives these cars knows how to drive stick. But not everyone is capable of ripping off incredible times with these cars.

TermySnake

Established Member
Trust me you will have NO chance with a pulley and Nitrous and for a Twin Screw you better be on More than 17lbs!!!! I really think that it would be a close race with a ported Eaton with around a 125shot only because uless you are on High Boost on a T/S your TQ is lower than Sprayton Car so do whatever mods your gonna do and Video it and post up the Results

GoodLuck!!!

no raping.:bored:

HellrasierCobra

Established Member
Generally cobra's around my neck of the woods are roughly 540 - 580HP @ 17lbs on pump gas

Really my #'s were on a Dyno Jet and were a little inflated but on the Mustang Dyno it was about 15rwhp different but 1 thing some guys forget is the KB makes less TQ than the whipple does too for instance my car made 588tq with the KB and it made 501tq on a Stock Eaton with a little spray easily over 700tq the torqe is whats gonna take the vette out

Satan's Snake

Established Member
well from the looks of it...I'm gonna have to put about $2k in my car just to hang...don't think I'll be doin that before christmas

Satan's Snake

Established Member
what can be done about weight reduction...since there is so much of a weight difference...typical seat deletes and blah blah blah but what else is there short of swapping to an sra

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Really my #'s were on a Dyno Jet and were a little inflated but on the Mustang Dyno it was about 15rwhp different but 1 thing some guys forget is the KB makes less TQ than the whipple does too for instance my car made 588tq with the KB and it made 501tq on a Stock Eaton with a little spray easily over 700tq the torqe is whats gonna take the vette out
Yea bro, I'm telling you..I'm pretty in tune with the local haps around SoCal and there's a bunch of twin screw cobra's roaming the streets around here..

Just remember we're limited to god awful CA 91 octane.. On my first motor my cobra made 544HP & 515TQ @ 17lbs with the whipple..
I mean you got a freak here and there that'll get into the high 580 -590s but that's iced to hell..

Also, TQ will not win you the race bro.. The problem that most Cobra owners face is getting all that power to the ground to effectively use it.. What's that saying.. 'If you're spinning you're not winning.'
That vette is purpose built with a perfect or nearly perfect weight distribution..

I'm telling you, ya better show up with your a game..

blacksrt

Established Member
go buy a used 1000cc motorcycle and bust his ass.....................

HellrasierCobra

Established Member
Yea bro, I'm telling you..I'm pretty in tune with the local haps around SoCal and there's a bunch of twin screw cobra's roaming the streets around here..

Just remember we're limited to god awful CA 91 octane.. On my first motor my cobra made 544HP & 515TQ @ 17lbs with the whipple..
I mean you got a freak here and there that'll get into the high 580 -590s but that's iced to hell..

Also, TQ will not win you the race bro.. The problem that most Cobra owners face is getting all that power to the ground to effectively use it.. What's that saying.. 'If you're spinning you're not winning.'
That vette is purpose built with a perfect or nearly perfect weight distribution..

I'm telling you, ya better show up with your a game..

Well I do Feel you there on the PumpGas with 91 OCt good lord that sucks my #'s were on 93 which is our Premium in the NC! I mean I never said that his car would outrun the Z but u take a Purpose built cobra and I would never look back at the Z06

Users who are viewing this thread