C6 Z06 goes downnnn!!!!

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Hey guys, Today I finally got my car back and I am so impressed. My car incase you didn't know is a 2008 LS3 Corvette coupe. My shop installed their custom Novi 2200 kit, alky kit, and longtubes with cats. The car puts down 579rwhp with a safe tune and over 600ft!! It's insane to me. Last night after the final tuning was done everyone thought it was very quick and was curious how it would do at the track. We threw some drag radials on the car and took if for a quick pass.

R/T .213
60 1.767
1/8TH MILE 6.926
MPH 108.03
1/4 MILE 10.551
MPH 135.06

Needless to say I was very happy and I can not even imagine next year when we forge the LS3 and turn up the boost. Right now it is at 8lbs and a very safe tune with alky for protection. Tonight I will have some pics of the set up, dyno sheet, and the time slip to show you guys. I only have a few pics on my cell phone right now but I am computer retarded and do not know how to upload them so I'll wait for the fiance to come home :lol1:

While driving the car home a black C6 Z06 got behind me and tried to aggressively pass. That didn't work in his favor !! You should have seen his face it made the price of the whole build worth it :rockon: After that he stayed back and didn't even pull up and give a thumbs up or anything :shrug: This must be the "dickhead" Corvette owners I hear so much about.

Chris

Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
must be a screamer! Pics ASAP. wanna see that engine bay! And post up your timeslip too.

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
That scenario is always the best!! Making some dick all sad over his ride when he tries to blow past you :thumbsup:

my boss has an 06 Z making just a touch more with 598whp and 601tq with the Novi 2k and has put so many smart asses and bikes to shame. Those C6s are F*cking screamers with some boost! Nice #s on the build.

16kOrBust

Established Member
That is freakin awesome, dude. I would kill for an LS3 C6, but a blown one must be ridiculous, not to mention you own my favorite color on the Vettes.

It's awesome to see some track numbers as well. A 135 trap is pretty serious and 10.5 considering the 60' is awesome. What tires were you running? What tends to break driveline-wise in those cars if you throw a slick on there and REALLY launch the hell out of it? Once you build the bottom end, how much boost do you plan on running and what kind of numbers are you gonna be lookin at?

Now go smack around some KB and Whippled Cobras for me. :D

Last edited:

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
Insane.. Congrats on the Sick Vette. I love the Color, And the LS3.. Amazing. Post Pics Buddy, I Wanna see lol :D

Machx2

Established Member
Nice man, have nothing but respect for the vette and the nice owners out there. Makes me wanna go get one!

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
That is freakin awesome, dude. I would kill for an LS3 C6, but a blown one must be ridiculous, not to mention you own my favorite color on the Vettes.

It's awesome to see some track numbers as well. A 135 trap is pretty serious and 10.5 considering the 60' is awesome. What tires were you running? What tends to break driveline-wise in those cars if you throw a slick on there and REALLY launch the hell out of it? Once you build the bottom end, how much boost do you plan on running and what kind of numbers are you gonna be lookin at?

Now go smack around some KB and Whippled Cobras for me. :D

They were just regular 275 nitto drag radials. The A6 tranny in my car is at the limit BUT it is tuned very safe and with any luck it will last at least till next year when their is an after market A6 available. The company that makes them is very close to releasing one from what they have told me. I mean anything COULD happen but the tune is safe, the alky protects and the A6 should hold up just fine as long as I don't throw very sticky tires on and keep launching hard, which I do not plan to do. I just wanted to see what the current set up would run but it is really just a street car for me.

Next winters project (assuming nothing breaks and needs to be replaces sooner) will be forging the LS3, adding a blower cam, switching to an 8 rib pulley set up and going with a duel nozzle alky kit instead of the single. I will run around 12lbs of boost and look to make around 800 to the wheels. The blower can make more but I am not looking to push it to its limits. I am quite happy with how it is now at only 8lbs and 12-15 it will be insane.

Nice Camaro you have there also :beer:

Last edited:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Insane.. Congrats on the Sick Vette. I love the Color, And the LS3.. Amazing. Post Pics Buddy, I Wanna see lol :D

Dude my kind of guy, Jason and an MMA fan? We gotta chill :coolman: I had 11 amat fights and won all 11 fights (8KO and 3sub 1 dec) trained with Ricco Rodriguez and Renzo Gracie in NY. I was going to make a debut last year but at the time my mother caught cancer and I couldnt move to Cali like I had planned to train full time. Wand fan for life :rockon: Now I am getting married in may and work behind a desk. Funny how life is.

Users who are viewing this thread