C head swap issues HELP!!!!

svtfevr

Swap near complete. Need some advice. 01 intake with throttle body, but it rubs on the 97 valve covers. Also wondering if anyone has done this, what did you do about the throttle body covering the pcv valve on the passenger side? Looking for the 01 throttle cable bracket as well. Any help appreciated

1989Gt.

Banned
Check the market and ebay for the cable. Also this is just a guess what about a intake spacer.

svtfevr

I've been wondering the same thing about the spacer. I already have the 01 cable, I need the bracket that it mounts too. The guy I bought the intake from took it off before he sent it....

1989Gt.

Banned
well thats not cool. Well idk call ford you might be able to rig one up without much complications i would imagine

coolguy10786

Established Member
Yes I ran into this problem as well. The easiest way around it is to get an intake spacer. I ended up grinding down the valve cover a bit, but I don't recommend doing it that way.

The other option would be to use C style valve covers.

I got the throttle cable bracket from ford and just used a mach 1 bracket. It is the same part.

Doc.stang

Established Member
We put a rubber plug in the passenger side pcv hole.
a TIGHT fit between intake and valve cover plug.

Caused a nasty sucking/squeaking sound .
This was cures by placing a breather element, where oil fill cap went, on driver side.
Runs and sounds fine.

Down side is oil seepage out the breather filter, and it grimes up the driver's valve cover.

Further down side was the filter/breather worked it's way out both days at road Atlanta, ON TRACK, spraying oil under hood, and eventually up onto windshield.

Plan on figuring out a revision to plug driver side into a catch can, the into intake.
No noise, no oil spillage. --- I hope.

svtfevr

So does anyone know if they make ann intake or a throttle body spacer for this application and where I could find one?

Users who are viewing this thread