C&D Vette vs. GT350

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Looks like the Vette is still getting the same complaints it always did (steering and seats). At least the interior is up to snuff now.

I love all the praise the GT350 has been getting, I can't wait till I can drive one.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
These reviews are all the same.... The C7 Vette was praised high and low when it was first tested, all the C6s warts were fixed they exclaimed! Then a few years later they bring it back to earth... Was the same with the C6 vette.... It'll be the same with GT350 in a year or so when the Shelby takes on the next great Camaro model.. They hype the new model..... Mark my words

scn

Established Member
These reviews are all the same.... The C7 Vette was praised high and low when it was first tested, all the C6s warts were fixed they exclaimed! Then a few years later they bring it back to earth... Was the same with the C6 vette.... It'll be the same with GT350 in a year or so when the Shelby takes on the next great Camaro model.. They hype the new model..... Mark my words
Yup. One quick search and you find nothing but praise for the Vettes steering feel and seats. (Also, why not opt for the Comp Seats.) Anyway, props to Ford for the GT350, it's amazing performance for the dollar.

dom418

Established Member
Why they compare 2 cars that are in different segments is beyond me. "Best everyday sports car " ? Id say neither are everyday drivers

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The Vette was praised compared to the C6, 3 years ago. Now something that works better is being tested back to back, criticisms will arise. Maybe it's the truth, or maybe it's flawed reasoning. Probably a little of both.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Why they compare 2 cars that are in different segments is beyond me.

When the cost the same, they get compared together.

If a single guy who makes decent money is looking for a fun car to drive around maybe take to the track, it doesn't really matter if they are technically in different "segments" when the price is the same.

dom418

Established Member

If a single guy who makes decent money is looking for a fun car to drive around maybe take to the track, it doesn't really matter if they are technically in different "segments" when the price is the same.

I just don't think a guy vette shopping is also cross shopping a mustang and vice versa.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I just don't think a guy vette shopping is also cross shopping a mustang and vice versa.

I shopped everything last time I was buying a toy. Drove S2ks, M3s, Mercedes, Vettes, Boss 302, Mustang GTs, etc...

LightningLou

Established Member
18n94kgykt4azjpg.jpg

SVT_28

Established Member
Im sure most "brand loyalists" may not cross shop, but when the cars are around the same price, I bet there are a lot of people who want a "sports car" that will cross shop anything within their budget.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Why are they not comparing to the Camaro?

I also find it interesting on page 1 they tell all the information what the track pack on the GT350 includes, but they don't mention it on the Vette. The z51 package is essentially a track package....it comes with a number of upgrades over a regular Vette, including coolers and a frickin dry sump system. Not surprised it was faster. Unfortunately, the average person would think it is a normal Vette, the GT350 looks mean as hell.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I am surprised the 350 is faster to 150 even after getting to a slower start. That top end...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Vette was praised compared to the C6, 3 years ago. Now something that works better is being tested back to back, criticisms will arise. Maybe it's the truth, or maybe it's flawed reasoning. Probably a little of both.

I agree. I also like longer term tests because sometimes that brings out a more balanced overall review, including criticisms.

Never_Enough

Established Member

So no markups on the GT350?

Users who are viewing this thread