Buying GT500 tomorrow, need urgent advice.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
The stock tires look worn out when they are new, so they may not be as bad as they look.

Snoop is correct! My car was 2500 miles, and the tires all look worn. AND I HAVE NOT DRIVEN THE CAR HARD!

Buy your car, change stooped F1 tires out, have fun.

(in that order)

E

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I spoke to the owner today and found out that the tires are pretty much like new. He told the inspector that these tires come that way and the inspector put it in the report anyways. Looks like it's good to go. Both inspectors rated the car immaculate. Now it's time to wait for the shipping.:pop:

Good deal. I'm not surprised that's all it was, and to be honest I'd rather an inspector report something of potential concern than simply take a seller's word that "oh that's normal dude, don't worry about that." Yeah, cuz sellers are always straight up, right? lol

Glad to hear it sounds like you got a good one. You'll love it. BTW, the tires don't suck as badly as people want you to believe. They do great on track at a road course. They are intended to function best when warmed up. They don't do well in the cold. If all you will ever do is drag race or drive it on the street, then it's fine to swap them out. But if you're going to road race at all, then use them up on the track. They work very very well. I've had mine 2 years and am still on the stock rubber.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
They really need to tread depth these tires from the inner tread. the outer tread is basically "bald looking" even when new. Don't worry, you'll want those tires off there ASAP!! I honestly never drove on tires that were so bad, but then again...it didn't have 700hp.

Eleanor14

Established Member
Awesome you found a car.

Ya, finally...:beer:

Snoop is correct! My car was 2500 miles, and the tires all look worn. AND I HAVE NOT DRIVEN THE CAR HARD!

Buy your car, change stooped F1 tires out, have fun.

(in that order)

E
That's the plan :beer:

Good deal. I'm not surprised that's all it was, and to be honest I'd rather an inspector report something of potential concern than simply take a seller's word that "oh that's normal dude, don't worry about that." Yeah, cuz sellers are always straight up, right? lol

Glad to hear it sounds like you got a good one. You'll love it. BTW, the tires don't suck as badly as people want you to believe. They do great on track at a road course. They are intended to function best when warmed up. They don't do well in the cold. If all you will ever do is drag race or drive it on the street, then it's fine to swap them out. But if you're going to road race at all, then use them up on the track. They work very very well. I've had mine 2 years and am still on the stock rubber.

I agree, the inspector was super picky which I liked. He gave me a great report and mentioned that the car is in showroom condition. I don't know how the hell I'm suppose to go to bed until it gets here.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
file_zps6c2196a7.jpg

I run Nitto INVOS and only get about 4000 miles from the rears.

The tire wear on the Goodyears sounds normal to me, current owner probably drove the car like it is made to be.

If you end up getting it, enjoy.

Last edited:

Josie Wales

Go Fast Club
Established Member
My goodyears had 5500 miles on them when I had Michelin Alpin 4 winter tires installed. The installer tried to toss the Goodyears...LOL. I asked him to give me tires back and he said they need to be replaced:burnout:

I figure I will get another 3-4K out of them if I lay off the burnouts then I will be shopping for new tires. Still don't know what I want yet - I need a (Y) rated tire though with the Autobahn

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I just read your sig. I don't feel all that bad anymore.

Hehehe, that was pretty common for a lot of us who ordered our cars. To be fair though, even having to wait a single day for this car is excruciating. You'll be all smiles when it arrives though! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread