Buying GT500 tomorrow, need urgent advice.

Eleanor14

Established Member
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Race Red/White Strip 2013. Car has only 3,800 miles on it and is pretty much immaculate. I had 2 different inspectors look at it today (one guy was a body expert and the other was an overall inspector). Both inspectors gave me a green light and said the car is like brand new. The only issue is that the tires are pretty worn out, especially the rears. Obviously with 700hp the rear tires have a losing battle, but should the tires be worn with 3,800 miles? The car is kept in a heated garage in Ohio and was driven only in good weather. I was going to change the rears to Nitto's anyways, but I want to make sure that it's ok that the tires are worn with only 3,800 miles.

Thanks guys...

Zemedici

Established Member
Sounds like the owner drove the car kind of hard, but it's how they are built to be driven. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you were going to replace them anyway.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Really need to know this tire, they look worn pretty much brand new.
If they say its otherwise legit, use the tire wear to drop the price $200 and thank the guy for using up those worthless POS tires :)
-J

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
If they say its otherwise legit, use the tire wear to drop the price $200 and thank the guy for using up those worthless POS tires :)
-J
this^^^
+1

like the other dude said, it could've been driven like it was meant to be
Good Luck

Snoopy49

Established Member
The stock tires look worn out when they are new, so they may not be as bad as they look. Having said that, I would replace them as soon as possible. Tire choice depend on your driving requirements.
Let everyone know how you intend to drive the car and you should get some pretty good advice.

Last edited:

Eleanor14

Established Member
-J

I didn't even think of that. Could be the problem...

5.8 Venom

Established Member
The stock tires look worn out when they are new, so they may not be as bad as they look...

^^^ This is true. I rolled onto the dealer lot at 5K to pick up oil and the salesmen thought I had burned my GY's down and need new ones, more proof as to how clueless they are. I haven't done any burnouts. Nonetheless, your overall inspector should have provided you with some photos, yes? If you post those, you can probably get a confirmation.

Last edited:

Eleanor14

Established Member
^^^ This is true. I rolled onto the dealer lot at 5K to pick up oil and the salesmen thought I had burned my GY's down and need new ones, more proof as to how clueless they are. I haven't done any burnouts. Nonetheless, your overall inspector should have provided you with some photos, yes? If you post those, you can probably get a confirmation.

Ya, he did, but it's kind of hard to tell (the car is indoors). I'll post them though tomorrow.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I agree, because of the tread design the tires LOOK worn on the outside shoulder even when they're brand new. If you're worried about burnouts look inside the fendwerwells. I was too lazy to clean every bit of rubber out of mine and I only went to the strip once. :D

Snoopy49

Established Member
Here is a picture of my right rear tire and wheel on the day I picked up my new car with 6 miles on the odometer. It looks pretty bald from this angle.

P1260181.JPG

mrpork

Established Member
your lucky your able to get someone to look at yours. Im purchasing mine out of state and have to go by just pictures. it is at a dealership and it has only 1240 miles on her so it cant be all the bad right.

Ky GT500

Established Member
your lucky your able to get someone to look at yours. Im purchasing mine out of state and have to go by just pictures. it is at a dealership and it has only 1240 miles on her so it cant be all the bad right.

You need to put a call out for a member on here that may be close to where you are purchasing from,,,most of us would be glad to go by and look at the car in person for you.

Eleanor14

Established Member

You can use one of the services below. It only costs about $130. I also researched the zip code i'm buying from and found a very reputable paint and body shop and paid the owner to go down and inspect the entire car. The whole thing cost me about $180 to get 2 inspectors down there. I'm in CA and the car is in OH, so it's worth the peace of mind. Here are some links:

http://www.lemonsquad.com

https://www.carchex.com/vehicle-inspections/?siteid=1103

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
The stock tires are crap and the firs thing you will be doing once you drive the car aggressively is to ditch them for some better shoes. I wouldn't worry about the tires.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Get the Vin # and any Ford Dealer can run you a Free Oasis report. Get it before you buy. Use it along with the Carfax and Autocheck reports.

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
If it helps any, here's a photo of an original (front) stock tire from mine with 1200 miles on it. Like it's already been stated, they can look pretty worn even when new.
tire01.jpg

Eleanor14

Established Member
I spoke to the owner today and found out that the tires are pretty much like new. He told the inspector that these tires come that way and the inspector put it in the report anyways. Looks like it's good to go. Both inspectors rated the car immaculate. Now it's time to wait for the shipping.:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread