Buying a 04 Cobra, HELP! :)

GoingBIG

Established Member
I have an 03 with a 2.8KB and I can tell you that this is one of the best engines I've ever come in contact with, it just wants more and more. But as a safety precaution definitely get a compression check as on of the other members mentioned and then if you do purchase get an automatic tune up and a new tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thank you for replying, ya seems unanimous on the compression test. Is there any way to find out if engine is lacking other then taking it to a mechanic? And cool yeah I'm pumped about this car I hope we can come to an agreement over price. It's really close if not the same price as 2008 gt500s and maybe 5k off a 2011gt500. But I mean it's a terminator.... :D

D-MANN

Established Member
Hes had this cobra priced very high for long time. 35 is the lowest ive ever seen it. If he lets it go for 30 I would be shocked. Never know tho its been for sale for four summers now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoingBIG

Established Member
He didn't take my offer of 30. Car was super clean inside and out looked like it rolled of the factory floor. Older gentle men owned it. But I don't know if I could pay over 30 for a 2004? Thoughts? Right now gt500s are going for 35!

GoingBIG

Established Member
Hes had this cobra priced very high for long time. 35 is the lowest ive ever seen it. If he lets it go for 30 I would be shocked. Never know tho its been for sale for four summers now

I tried 30 no go... car is gorgeous though!

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Probably only gonna get more expensive as the years go by. That particular body style and color combo is as low of a production as you can get in these cars.

GoingBIG

Established Member
Probably only gonna get more expensive as the years go by. That particular body style and color combo is as low of a production as you can get in these cars.

Thanks for the reply, your right. It's not a must have color for me. But it's the only one with the supercharged swapped. Not sure if it's worth being 10k more then the next one. Maybe I'm wrong and it is lol

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Thanks for the reply, your right. It's not a must have color for me. But it's the only one with the supercharged swapped. Not sure if it's worth being 10k more then the next one. Maybe I'm wrong and it is lol

You can buy a stockish one and slap on a TVS and a fuel system for a lot less than $10k. Is a vert for you as well? I prefer a coupe. It's stiffer, lighter and less regulated if you ever take it to the track.

D-MANN

Established Member
It would be over 10k to duplicate this build in Canada if you got that yellow cobra vert for 22-25 so you would be back to what the comp o guy wants for his price and have a better colour and a rare car. Nothing wrong with having the top down and beating up on cars lol. There are many modified vert cobra owners on svtp that can give you advice if you need to further stiffen the car up. I have flsc and 6point roll bar. On a beautiful evening with the top down,supercharger whine and the exhaust roaring it's definitely something you won't forget. I've had three modified convertible mustangs now. Hopefully you find one in your budget and get some cruising in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GoingBIG

Established Member
You can buy a stockish one and slap on a TVS and a fuel system for a lot less than $10k. Is a vert for you as well? I prefer a coupe. It's stiffer, lighter and less regulated if you ever take it to the track.

After seeing a vert, yes I like them alot. On the flip s8de hard top isn't an option cuz there isn't any for sale. Not many termis around where I'm from. Very limited selection. In Canadian how much is a whipple or kennel bell with fuel system injectors and tuner? What am I looking at for like a full package? Thanks again for all this info!

GoingBIG

Established Member
It would be over 10k to duplicate this build in Canada if you got that yellow cobra vert for 22-25 so you would be back to what the comp o guy wants for his price and have a better colour and a rare car. Nothing wrong with having the top down and beating up on cars lol. There are many modified vert cobra owners on svtp that can give you advice if you need to further stiffen the car up. I have flsc and 6point roll bar. On a beautiful evening with the top down,supercharger whine and the exhaust roaring it's definitely something you won't forget. I've had three modified convertible mustangs now. Hopefully you find one in your budget and get some cruising in.

The U.S.

Haha that is for all your info man. So maybe I low balled him and am stubborn? Maybe I'll throw another offer out. It just won't be 36k not with the gt500s getting so low. And yeah buying the yellow one and ending up at the same price kinda sucks. I guess I need to think about it some more, thanks again dude!

D-MANN

Established Member
The U.S.

Haha that is for all your info man. So maybe I low balled him and am stubborn? Maybe I'll throw another offer out. It just won't be 36k not with the gt500s getting so low. And yeah buying the yellow one and ending up at the same price kinda sucks. I guess I need to think about it some more, thanks again dude!

You must be looking at the '07-'09 gt500's in that price range. 2010+ are over 40k.
Where are you located?

GoingBIG

Established Member
Wetas
You must be looking at the '07-'09 gt500's in that price range. 2010+ are over 40k.
Where are you located?

Wetaskiwin, just south of Edmonton and yeah, they are so close in price to this one. But that car in person was so nice haha

Users who are viewing this thread