Buying 07 Shelby Tomorrow... coming from the Terminator

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Get the Vin # and have a Ford Dealer run you an Oasis report. That will give you the complete Ford history, any warranty info and it's free. Going to the later crank is a good idea, as is a Cai, and Tune, and at least Axle-backs [Ford Racing KR's or the MMS from Mackenzie Mustang over at Team Shelby sound very good] at least, you can also add a smaller Pulley if you want. On my 09 Vert I did the Ford Racing Tune, Cai, and KR Axlebacks, kept the warranty and put down 500 Rwhp /473 Rwtq, Sae on a Dynojet on a hot day.
Made a huge dif., and I came from a Terminator Vert. Good luck!!!!

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Get the Vin # and have a Ford Dealer run you an Oasis report. That will give you the complete Ford history, any warranty info and it's free. Going to the later crank is a good idea, as is a Cai, and Tune, and at least Axle-backs [Ford Racing KR's or the MMS from Mackenzie Mustang over at Team Shelby sound very good] at least, you can also add a smaller Pulley if you want. On my 09 Vert I did the Ford Racing Tune, Cai, and KR Axlebacks, kept the warranty and put down 500 Rwhp /473 Rwtq, Sae on a Dynojet on a hot day.
Made a huge dif., and I came from a Terminator Vert. Good luck!!!!

What did yours dyno stock? If u had it dynoed stock.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Thanks I will be looking into the Oasis report for sure.

I do not think there is any warranty left on the car.

I will post a new thread soon with pictures.

What springs work best for these animals?

The Eibach pro's were awesome on my Terminator.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Get a better heat exchanger like Revan Racings before you do anything else. Then do the upper and lower control arms.
As for springs, the Steeda and Eibach are the popular choice for cruising.
You can do a 10.5 out back for rim size.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Congrats. After getting raped at the track by a pullied 2010 GT500 trapping 120, I have thought about selling my C6 for one LOL!

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I like the H/R Springs, lower the car about 1", with a good ride. Van's H/E is always a good idea, especially if you install a smaller pulley.

dvups1

Established Member

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
You are probably right.... The TSB has not been performed. The clutch is engaging fine and there is hardly no shatter. As of now I am out of warranty by year. The local dealer said the TSB must be paid for by the customer at this point. I will be operating on the "if its not broke don't fix it policy." Unless someone has a better suggestion. I live in the country mostly with hardly any stop and go traffic. I will be making a new thread with pics soon. I will be detailing the car tonight so I will take fresh pics tonight!

Thanks everyone!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Beat the shit out of it and have fun. If the clutch fails, then move forward. Otherwise dont stress over something that "could be" wrong with it.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Beat the shit out of it and have fun. If the clutch fails, then move forward. Otherwise dont stress over something that "could be" wrong with it.

10-4 on that one!

I think the hardest decision will be what rims to go with.... These cars can suite many different rim options well.

I am thinking shelby razors in gunmetal with polished lips. I am not a fan of huge rims. I think a 19' will be perfect but the shelby's only come in 18 or 20's.

Will I regret going with a 20...

Users who are viewing this thread