Buying 07 Shelby Tomorrow... coming from the Terminator

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I have been on this forum for awhile now but never wandered over to this thread. I was always on the Terminator threads.

There just happens to be a deal I can't pass up in my hometown right now and I am jumping all over it. Selling the Terminator locally and buying the 07 Shelby. My father has an 06 GT with some bolt ons and tuning and I have always loved the stable platform of the new body.

I have done the Terminator and can't say I found it very reliable. I don't blame the Terminator... It just is not for me. I may be too tall. Plus it has nickel and dimed me.

Anyways... about the car. It is a bone stock 07 Shelby Black Vert with Stripe deletes and ONLY 2100 miles on it!!! It has the 2-tone black and red interior too which I love.

I don't know a lot about these cars aside from the cramming research I have done in the last few days and talking with my tuner.

I could not find a "Shelby facts guide" or anything like that on here... So i am looking for some feedback regarding the car. Anything I need to be aware of before I close tomorrow? I will be modding the car eventually but nothing crazy. Pulley/Intake/Tune/Exhaust/Springs/Brakes... From what I am understanding this should get me 500-515 rwhp? What do these cars dyno stock? I test drove the car and it obviously ran like brand new. Although I am not impressed with the sound or lack there-of. Please tell me you can get these cars to bark like my Terminator...?

I will post Pictures soon and never mind my sig.

Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

phinhead34

Established Member
The only issue I have had with my 09 is the clutch. Intake, pulley, and tune wake the car up a bit. You can change the exhaust note to your liking pretty easily. Fun car for sure.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
4040 curb.

That is what I found anyway. But yes... a little heavy but I knew that going in. That is why they feel rigid too.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
250 is actually a big jump. Not trying to discourage. I would love a Shelby some day as well. If you found that right deal, I'm jealous! Have any pics of her?

blackvette101

Established Member
I have been on this forum for awhile now but never wandered over to this thread. I was always on the Terminator threads.

There just happens to be a deal I can't pass up in my hometown right now and I am jumping all over it. Selling the Terminator locally and buying the 07 Shelby. My father has an 06 GT with some bolt ons and tuning and I have always loved the stable platform of the new body.

I have done the Terminator and can't say I found it very reliable. I don't blame the Terminator... It just is not for me. I may be too tall. Plus it has nickel and dimed me.

Anyways... about the car. It is a bone stock 07 Shelby Black Vert with Stripe deletes and ONLY 2100 miles on it!!! It has the 2-tone black and red interior too which I love.

I don't know a lot about these cars aside from the cramming research I have done in the last few days and talking with my tuner.

I could not find a "Shelby facts guide" or anything like that on here... So i am looking for some feedback regarding the car. Anything I need to be aware of before I close tomorrow? I will be modding the car eventually but nothing crazy. Pulley/Intake/Tune/Exhaust/Springs/Brakes... From what I am understanding this should get me 500-515 rwhp? What do these cars dyno stock? I test drove the car and it obviously ran like brand new. Although I am not impressed with the sound or lack there-of. Please tell me you can get these cars to bark like my Terminator...?

I will post Pictures soon and never mind my sig.

Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

pulley/intake/tune/exhaust should get you alot more then 515. i made 552 with a pulley/intake/lund tune and stock exhaust in 100 degree florida weather. I do believe the 07 crank pulley is real heavy and may need to be changed but im not sure. I only 380rwhp stock but it was heat soaked like an SOB. And stock tires are absolute garbage. I thought the curb weight was 3920 with all options

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The 250lb is more than made up for in the overall build quality of the '07 compared to the Term. Non-issue.

Yes, you need to change out the factory '07 crank pulley for a factory '08+ crank pulley. The '07 is too heavy over 20lbs.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Thank you for the replies.

I will post pictures ASAP. Probably by Friday.

I know the tires are garbage.

What size of rims on the rear of these will fit + tires?

What springs work the best for these cars?

Thanks!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
first thing I did was ditch those shit goodyear tires. than change the stock crank pulley and your good to go for mods. good luck with the new car.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I have a stock 2010 lower pulley for sale if interested :) Like said above the factory 07 ones were just too big and heavy

nickf2005

Established Member
Has the TSB been done for the 1-2 grind? I believe they were having the most issues out of the '07-'09's...

mgmustang1

Established Member
Sounds like you going to have a great summer. Good luck with your new GT500.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Congrats. I did the same thing as you about 2yrs ago. Went from my 04 Cobara to an 08 GT500. I wouldn't do it again but I really have no regrets. Enjoy it!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member

For a car that isn't a DD its hard for me personally to justify the price difference. I also miss the raw power that you could really feel in the 04 cobra as well as the the high pitched sc whine. I'm at the point with my GT500 that I've got so much invested in it that I'll be keeping it for a long time but If I could go back I'd just stick with a terminator. Don't get me wrong I love the GT500 and the interior and comfort level is 100x better than the 04 but all things considered a terminator is just a better fit for me.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
There are no outstanding TSB's on the car according to Auto Check. It shifts fine so-far. What does the TSB entail? Nothing Major?

IT is over 100 degrees out today and even hotter tomorrow so I will be taking her or leaving it in the garage until it is barable outside again. I will post pictures tonight. I cant get my Photobucket to upload right now.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread