Buy 07 Shelby GT500 for MSRP + $5,000

93saleen

Established Member
I can do a New 07 vert with navigation blk. on blk. premium interior. 7500.00 over MSRP. 941 650 9054 Dean

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
can someone explain to me why people are so willing to pay so much for this car?? i have seen them and they are not all that great. they sit too high, look too bulky, tires are too thin, wheels are really ugly and the interior looks just like a GT except that a tiny little cobra is on the seat. i would rather pay 26 for a GT and fix it up the exact way i want it and save $20K

Fastfords

Established Member
MPRT_H8R said:
can someone explain to me why people are so willing to pay so much for this car?? i have seen them and they are not all that great. they sit too high, look too bulky, tires are too thin, wheels are really ugly and the interior looks just like a GT except that a tiny little cobra is on the seat. i would rather pay 26 for a GT and fix it up the exact way i want it and save $20K

Thanks for your opinion......

Fastfords

Established Member
If you don't like them, fine. Your personal opinion and I support your right to express it. What I don't get is why so many people get so worked up about how much someone else is paying for a car they claim they don't want??? I heard the same thing with the Ford GT. People were saying way too much money for a Ford. What makes a Ferrari worth so much? A 360 does not stand a chance against a GT. And no, I am not comparing a GT500 to a GT. At 5k over msrp ($50,000) what other choice do you have in a new car with that much warranteed horsepower? Is a Roush or a Saleen or even a Foose Stallion worth $60,000? I guess you either buy into it or you don't. You obviously don't. New mustangs in general are an either love them or hate them thing due to the retro looks anyway. Maybe that does not answer your question but hopefully it will give you some insight.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
Fastfords said:
If you don't like them, fine. Your personal opinion and I support your right to express it. What I don't get is why so many people get so worked up about how much someone else is paying for a car they claim they don't want??? I heard the same thing with the Ford GT. People were saying way too much money for a Ford. What makes a Ferrari worth so much? A 360 does not stand a chance against a GT. And no, I am not comparing a GT500 to a GT. At 5k over msrp ($50,000) what other choice do you have in a new car with that much warranteed horsepower? Is a Roush or a Saleen or even a Foose Stallion worth $60,000? I guess you either buy into it or you don't. You obviously don't. New mustangs in general are an either love them or hate them thing due to the retro looks anyway. Maybe that does not answer your question but hopefully it will give you some insight.
thanks.............btw i love you, wanna hug??????

manOwar

Established Member
MPRT_H8R said:
See the mods in my sig? That's why I bought mine, a couple bolt on's and Over 700 at the wheels and can be a Daily Driver. I have a GT and a GT500 but if I could find the same deal I did on my '07, the GT would be gone and the wife would have her GT500!!

CobrABoZ

Established Member
funny thing is my pops bought a ford gt for sticker and i have a new z06 i got for sticker, but yet our local ford wont sell us a gt500 for sticker lol :xpl:

GREY GOD

Established Member
well if looking for 07 on the east coast, crossroads ford in cary,nc
has 6, 5 coupes and 1 vert.
asking 20k over on all.
i asked the sales manager how many they had sold at that price,
9 of them so far.
i did find another dealer that i think will get me the deal i want

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
CobrABoZ said:
funny thing is my pops bought a ford gt for sticker and i have a new z06 i got for sticker, but yet our local ford wont sell us a gt500 for sticker lol :xpl:

What!? You guys got a C6 ZO6 AND a Ford GT for sticker!? :eek:

If I could find a C6 ZO6 for sticker, it would be mine... :nonono:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
What!? You guys got a C6 ZO6 AND a Ford GT for sticker!? :eek:

If I could find a C6 ZO6 for sticker, it would be mine... :nonono:

I passed on a Z06 @ 3000 under sticker (like a fool) and now the sales manager called me on another they just got in (yellow with more options) that list at 77K and he'll do the same 3K under. Trigger is almost pulled now, I shouldn't pass this up. Anyone looking for a good deal on an 03 Sonic vert!!!

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
firemanmike said:
I passed on a Z06 @ 3000 under sticker (like a fool) and now the sales manager called me on another they just got it (yellow with more options) that list at 77K and he'll do the same 3K under. Trigger is almost pulled now, I shouldn't pass this up.

That's awesome... $3k under sticker is a no-brainer! DO IT!!! :rockon:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
That's awesome... $3k under sticker is a no-brainer! DO IT!!! :rockon:

I think that a Z06 is really (IMO) a once in a lifetime car. Its a super car with a five year warranty that I have to have. The only reason I didn't go for the first deal was I'm having trouble getting my head around not having a rag top. I have had one for the last 20 years and love open top driving. I just need to get to ge my head right and I'm buying it. OR I might just go for an 08 Vette drop top with a Z51 package with the Z06 exhuast. 08's are now bumped up to 430 or 435 horse and then I have what I like. Now, if GM would just make a rag top Z06, I'd run out now and wait for the dealership to open in the morning. I can't understand why they don't offer it as a vert (or targa). Viper has one, same HP, plenty of other big buck sports car do, why not the Z06?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
firemanmike said:
I think that a Z06 is really (IMO) a once in a lifetime car. Its a super car with a five year warranty that I have to have. The only reason I didn't go for the first deal was I'm having trouble getting my head around not having a rag top. I have had one for the last 20 years and love open top driving. I just need to get to ge my head right and I'm buying it. OR I might just go for an 08 Vette drop top with a Z51 package with the Z06 exhuast. 08's are now bumped up to 430 or 435 horse and then I have what I like. Now, if GM would just make a rag top Z06, I'd run out now and wait for the dealership to open in the morning. I can't understand why they don't offer it as a vert (or targa). Viper has one, same HP, plenty of other big buck sports car do, why not the Z06?

That's a good point... I don't understand it either. I guess it's just the way that they've done things since the ZO6 came about.

Now, when it comes do me, I prefer coupes over verts. I don't know what it is, but it looks better to me overall. I would have to have the top down 24/7 if I owned a vert; 50 degrees or 100 degrees out.

C6 ZO6 coupe FTW! :pepper:

2006is350

Established Member
BowTiesSuck said:
id rather pay the extra 20g's and have a car that has the name of a legend on it, with the power to match!

But the only thing is that is is "Just a name" What really did he have to do with the car? Dont get me wrong i want one to but its not due to the Shelby name.

Users who are viewing this thread