Busy weekend the build.......lots pics

skyhighsd

Established Member
Almost done I figure tonight maybe tomorrow at the latest. But I am still waiting on my new exhaust to get here. Still need to order a new DS but I can still drive it nice until then.
First off remove rear end
P7010072.gif

Then off to a friends shop to remove gears and install 3:73's and I welded the tubes. I dont have a press or a welder at my house so had to go there.
P7030082.gif

Ok rear end done and painted the way it should be!
P7030085.gif

Then remove all of the stock exhaust, still waiting for the new stuff
P7010080.gif

Its back in with new upper and lower control arms
P7040092.gif

Install new canton and moroso tanks
P7050107.gif

And finally afco HE just so you know its not in the instructions. But it will make it a lot easier to remove the front half of the wheel well to change it.
P7060109.gif

P7060113.gif

P7060114.gif

DONE!:D
P7060115.gif

Now its time to start the KB and I should be done by tomorrow. Oh yeah also installed Sequential Taillights and a short antenna.

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
Everything looks great!! I like that you painted the rear. Oh and I couldnt help but see that Kennybell box in the back ground lol

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Man you're moving right along! Lookin good to say the least. You gonna keep the plaque on the KB?

skyhighsd

Established Member
Man you're moving right along! Lookin good to say the least. You gonna keep the plaque on the KB?

Havent made my mind up on that yet, figured I would get it done and then make my mind up if it stays or not.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^It just dawned on me but it probably won't handle the heat. I should've thought that out a little more. If you get some pic's please send them to me.

FiaCobra

Established Member
Great job. I just don't think i have the balls to pull my car apart like that......yet.

The rear is something i may look into doing though.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Great job. I just don't think i have the balls to pull my car apart like that......yet.

The rear is something i may look into doing though.
Its easy just take your time, and with a hole 250 miles its even easier everything breaks loose.
you just made me go out and buy a afco HE.

You will love it great piece fits with no problems.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Looks great. I need to do my AFCO and tank this weekend.

How much does the axle assembly weigh? I've been contemplating taking it out to A) paint it and B) take it down for gears.

What prep and paint did you use? It came out looking great! :pepper:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Looks great. I need to do my AFCO and tank this weekend.

How much does the axle assembly weigh? I've been contemplating taking it out to A) paint it and B) take it down for gears.

What prep and paint did you use? It came out looking great! :pepper:

Thanks,
I am bad at saying what things weigh, but I would guess 125lbs. maybe alittle more. I could carry it around myself. As far as prep my car has really no miles on it so it was not dirty. I just wiped it down with lacquer thinner and primed it and then shot it with flat black. Oh yeah it was just some spray paint..lol But I think it came out good, I didnt feel like waiting for a body shop to spray it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Since you got the KB from me do I get a pass at the track when it's finished?:bowdown::dancenana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread