Bumper ideas for 01 GT.......

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
For some reason I think the Mach 1 chin spoiler on anything other than a gt bumper looks like a "buck toothed hill billy" :shrug:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That looks dumb.

The bumper doesn't flow with any of the rest of the car. If you want to do the rear bumper, sideskirts and the wing, then it wouldn't look so out of place. The 01 cobra bumper still actually fits the rest of the car (back bumper, sideskirts and wing).

The saleen and roush bumpers are the same. Unless you go with the hwole kit they just look out of place.

LOL.. :lol: Dumb, eh?

Whatever man, thats the first time I heard that one. I cant tell you how many complements that car got on an almost daily basis.

IMG_2591.jpg

I do agree with you on the saleen and roush bumpers though, unless is the complete kit, its a NO GO.

NateV8

Established Member
That looks dumb.

The bumper doesn't flow with any of the rest of the car. If you want to do the rear bumper, sideskirts and the wing, then it wouldn't look so out of place. The 01 cobra bumper still actually fits the rest of the car (back bumper, sideskirts and wing).

The saleen and roush bumpers are the same. Unless you go with the hwole kit they just look out of place.

I agree, it looks dumb. Go with the 99/01 Cobra bumper with either the Terminator or Mach 1 chin spoiler.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i like tho look of the 99-01 Cobra Front with the mach 1 chin, but the pic of the 99-01 bumper with the 03-04 chin looks sweet!!!!

i like the look when GT owners do 99-01 03-04 front bumpers on there GT's as long as they just do that and at most the rear ducktail and mirrors.

once they do the cobra rear and badges.......:nonono:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
lol i say this
IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_0111-1.jpg

think you can send more pics of your 35th LE to me in a PM?

very clean ride, glad to see another member on here has a performance red 35th LE :beer:

or is it just a GT with stuff? either way, beautiful car

Last edited:

95riosnake

Established Member
If I had a new edge GT, my first choice would be a 99 cobra front with a mach 1 chin

Second choice would be a Roush Stage 3 front bumper, but then you'd probably need some side skirts to make it flow well with the rest of the car

3rd choice would be the saleen front.

Not a fan of the terminator bumper if the stock GT hood with scoop is still used...something about it looks funky to me.

Last edited:

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
That looks dumb.

Completely agree w/ you. That's what I was trying to say but I guess I didn't put it together to well. Saleen, Roush, 03/04 Cobra all need the complete kit to look right

jason2004gt

Established Member
It's funny how everyone's saying the Roush Stage 3 front doesn't look right with thhe stock side skirts, but that's how Roush released it on the 360R, 380R and the Classic. The only thing he did different was add the spoiler, but the side skirts were stock on mustangs.

ShapeShifter

Established Member
I personally like the stock front with chin spoiler the most but here's a pic(s) of my car when i had the 99 front+mach chin spoiler...

blackbullittsedit.gif

bordered1.gif

bordered3.gif

mustang_00

Established Member
does anyone have pix of a 99-04 gt rear bumper with the mustang letters filled in? i've only seen a few termi rear bumpers like that... just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread