Bump in the trunk. 'Cause it's all about the bass

grade 8

Established Member
XRwBiy.jpg

Ball'n on a budget ya'll.
Traded a deer rifle for a sweet JL 12w7-3 in the box and a 500.1 had 250$ in the rifle.
It almost fits. I'm pretty sure I can cut the center section from the rear deck enclosure and slide the box up.

nJ2Zul.jpg

Need to get the wiring P-clamped all neat and tidy. I'm going to dynamat everything soon so it's all temp. anyway.

ddavq1.jpg

Speakers can only reproduce what they're given so a clean signal is a must.
Scored a Kenwood touch screen on eBay for 102$. To the door.
SQ is great, but it's only a few years newer than the car., so no Bluetooth, but it does have a aux. In.

I have a stash of old school HCCA Orion's around here to take care of the components when they pop up on the right deal on Craigslist or Ebay, or whatever.

I haven't got the title back yet for my car, so I'm just getting started on the upgrades, and there is always the war dept to answer to when large sums go missing from our acct.

What ya'll got?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Everytime I see "thump in da trunk" on a performance car, I throw up (a little bit) in my mouth...

Zemedici

Established Member
Everytime I see "thump in da trunk" on a performance car, I throw up (a little bit) in my mouth...

I drove my 04 2 miles to work every day. So not much 'performance' to be had....so it had 2 10s in the trunk :lol:

Gonna do something similar with my 03

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I drove my 04 2 miles to work every day. So not much 'performance' to be had....so it had 2 10s in the trunk :lol:

Gonna do something similar with my 03

Different strokes for different folkes!

giphy.gif

lilsilverponey

Established Member
I don't think adding a good stereo to a mustang should be frowned upon. I had nice JL components in mine with a 10w6 and it was one of the most well balanced systems I've ever heard. Just because someone appreciates high quality music and has a subwoofer doesn't mean they are going to be booming rap at every stoplight.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
Yup, had 2 10's in my Mustang in highschool. Then grew out of it and found money well spent on a nice exhaust system sounded better haha. That Sony system with the built in sub in these newer F150's is plenty to keep me happy in my truck.

SirShaun

Established Member
If I owned something that could fit a system comfortably, like a SUV, I would get back into audio.

All you guys saying you grew out of it, must not remember how much fun it was. I had a hand me down 94 3.4L V6 Camaro in high school, with a Kicker Solo Baric L7 under the back hatch. She thumped. Use to set off car alarms and you could hear me before you see me, king kong in the trunk.

Nice trade up Op, now go beat up the block.

Zemedici

Established Member
If I owned something that could fit a system comfortably, like a SUV, I would get back into audio.

All you guys saying you grew out of it, must not remember how much fun it was. I had a hand me down 94 3.4L V6 Camaro in high school, with a Kicker Solo Baric L7 under the back hatch. She thumped. Use to set off car alarms and you could hear me before you see me, king kong in the trunk.

Nice trade up Op, now go beat up the block.

Thank you.

Didnt know bass was an 'age / maturity' thing...I like my music to sound good :shrug: hahaha

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
The only reason I haven't done anything to the system in the SRT is because it sounds good as is from the factory. If there ever comes a time where I want more base/sound I'll take the components out of the Mustang and put them in the Charger.

Oh, and looks good OP!

TClark22

Established Member
jesus how the hell did you get that in there! I used to have an 8" W7 in mine...box barely fix in the trunk but did have enough room for groceries or golf bag.

but removed it once I started wanting to make it my fast car. The W7 series is one of the best sounding subs IMO. Now I just run speakers and a head unit...lol I hardly ever turn it on because my car makes music by itself. But for longer trips I turn it on. I'm thinking of getting rid of that and just using headphones for longer trips.

But IMO a 12" W7 is Ludacris for a small cabin car like a mustang. My 8" was plenty of bass...my buddy had a 10" W7 in his new edge and turned up it was just stupid. He had to keep it turned way down just to enjoy the music...kinda pointless.

Never_Enough

Established Member

You have never owned a C6 with stock Bose lol. Shit is HORRIBLE. Upgrading that shit is 1 of the 1st things I did. The factory Bose in my MS6 is pretty good though. F you GM.

Never_Enough

Established Member
lol this ^

For most people it is a phase they go through... I'm glad I grew out of this in HS.

You grew out of enjoying music in HS? I'm sorry. Music is food for the soul. I need to be able to enjoy my tunes in the car. That is one of the best parts of driving!!

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
People tend to think of subs as the annoying guy at the stop light shaking your rear view mirror. When if setup correctly just balances a system and makes it sound a thousand times better since your little door speakers aren't trying to bang out the lows. I never got into the "DB competitions" but I love a good sounding system that's balanced.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
People tend to think of subs as the annoying guy at the stop light shaking your rear view mirror. When if setup correctly just balances a system and makes it sound a thousand times better since your little door speakers aren't trying to bang out the lows. I never got into the "DB competitions" but I love a good sounding system that's balanced.

It doesn't have to be crazy loud either. One of the biggest signs of a quality system is sounding great when the volume is at a reasonable level.

Users who are viewing this thread