Bullittman's GT 350

Deadheadsticker

Established Member
Sat in this car at auto show today, super WOW. You're a lucky fellow! Enjoy it!

I agree.

@ Bullittman,

Have you compared the tech seats with the GT PP seats? I am assuming that the GT350 tech seats are adequate for spirited driving. I figure if one needed the tightness of a Recaro,I believe a harness bar would take care of that need without ripping out the tech seat

bullittman

Established Member
I agree.

@ Bullittman,

Have you compared the tech seats with the GT PP seats? I am assuming that the GT350 tech seats are adequate for spirited driving. I figure if one needed the tightness of a Recaro,I believe a harness bar would take care of that need without ripping out the tech seat
Thanks !, The seats appear virtually identical, but the Alantara material in the seat back and bottom cushion is clearly much better holding. Also there is GT350 embossed in back rest near top. I still believe it will be harder to stay in seat when doing aggressive track driving. I will be looking at a recaro seat for driver side next spring. The tech seats are VERY comfortable for normal driving.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm seriously jealous of everyone picking up one of these. I got too much other stuff going on for another toy right now though putting my wife through college, new baby, need a truck, need a bigger car for my wife, want to buy a more expensive house, fixing the current mustang, etc. I'm just going to have to get a used one in like 5 years...

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Fantastic car bullitman !!! I love DIB. Keep updates coming. :)

I keep trying to figure out how we can swing one in the near future also. Between addition on our house, completely remodeling kitchen, all new roof, new decks, and all new flooring, it just isn't in the cards right now.

So, I will have to live, vicariously, through all of you.

02_Lightning

Established Member
How would you compare it to a 13/14 GT500? Since there is a pretty good difference in power, curious how that comes out in drivability.

bullittman

Established Member
Thanks for the nice comments. Am discovering a lot of rural roads with curves with suggested limits 15/25/35, they are just that with the 350.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Damn it. I so want one of these. Thanks for the input and please keep us updated on your feelings about the car.

The engine in your cobra is WAY better than this POS... I would keep your 03 Cobra and put your money towards some handling package.

I honestly don't get this car... was it more built for handling? Because an unbuilt N/A motor is totally unimpressive on today's standards. I mean seriously a 2004 Cobra with an upper pulley and a filter would run with this making 450 or so to the wheel. I ran 12.5's all day long granny shifting with an upper pulley and JLT intake.

Not to mention without even touching the internals I'm making 700 to the wheel with my whipple swap.

Heck you could probably find yourself a used 13/14 Shelby for less than these are going for new and be WAY ahead of the game.

I don't mean to totally bash this thing, but it just doesn't seem like a good value to me.

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
the engine in your cobra is way better than this pos... I would keep your 03 cobra and put your money towards some handling package.

I honestly don't get this car... Was it more built for handling? Because an unbuilt n/a motor is totally unimpressive on today's standards. I mean seriously a 2004 cobra with an upper pulley and a filter would run with this making 450 or so to the wheel. I ran 12.5's all day long granny shifting with an upper pulley and jlt intake.

Not to mention without even touching the internals i'm making 700 to the wheel with my whipple swap.

Heck you could probably find yourself a used 13/14 shelby for less than these are going for new and be way ahead of the game.

I don't mean to totally bash this thing, but it just doesn't seem like a good value to me.

whaaaat!

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
The engine in your cobra is WAY better than this POS... I would keep your 03 Cobra and put your money towards some handling package.

I honestly don't get this car... was it more built for handling? Because an unbuilt N/A motor is totally unimpressive on today's standards. I mean seriously a 2004 Cobra with an upper pulley and a filter would run with this making 450 or so to the wheel. I ran 12.5's all day long granny shifting with an upper pulley and JLT intake.

Not to mention without even touching the internals I'm making 700 to the wheel with my whipple swap.

Heck you could probably find yourself a used 13/14 Shelby for less than these are going for new and be WAY ahead of the game.

#1. Yes, it's primarily built for handling and road course work.

#2. A 470whp (typical Dynojet number) stock NA motor that makes 500whp with just an E85 tune is not unimpressive. That's as much or more power than a pulley/intake/exhaust/tune Terminator, and with better cooling to be able to run for 30 minutes or more during a road course session.

#3. How is this motor an "unbuilt NA motor"? It has .550 lift cams, CNC heads with larger valves, 12:1 compression, forged internals, revs to 8250RPM. I don't know what else you're asking for.

The Terminator has an outdated engine and chassis by comparison. The only reason that it's such a good value is because it comes with a blower. The GT350 is a superior car period, but it's not geared for a quarter mile. Again, quarter mile ETs aren't its primary focus. If someone wants it to be, I'm sure there will be some lower rear gearing options out there fairly soon.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
#1. Yes, it's primarily built for handling and road course work.

#2. A 470whp (typical Dynojet number) stock NA motor that makes 500whp with just an E85 tune is not unimpressive. That's as much or more power than a pulley/intake/exhaust/tune Terminator, and with better cooling to be able to run for 30 minutes or more during a road course session.

#3. How is this motor an "unbuilt NA motor"? It has .550 lift cams, CNC heads with larger valves, 12:1 compression, forged internals, revs to 8250RPM. I don't know what else you're asking for.

The Terminator has an outdated engine and chassis by comparison. The only reason that it's such a good value is because it comes with a blower. The GT350 is a superior car period, but it's not geared for a quarter mile. Again, quarter mile ETs aren't its primary focus. If someone wants it to be, I'm sure there will be some lower rear gearing options out there fairly soon.

OK cool... sorry I totally stand corrected on the engine specs. I was trying to look this up for about 20 minutes before I posted this thread and I couldn't find anything that specified it had forged internals. So I figured it was another ford cheapo like the Raptor motor. That is seriously cool and its high revving. If its built for road course it would make sense to leave it N/A because of the heat build up, however if you wanted to throw a blower or turbo on there you could very easily and put some serious boost on it reliably. 12:1 compression ratio is a bit steep, but I suspect with forged internals you could throw 15 psi on it without any issues.

I'm personally not a fan of N/A motors because of the altitude I live at.... I don't like loosing 25% at 7000 feet and can't do shit about it. Its nice to be able to pulley down for altitude compensation.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
OK cool... sorry I totally stand corrected on the engine specs. I was trying to look this up for about 20 minutes before I posted this thread and I couldn't find anything that specified it had forged internals. So I figured it was another ford cheapo like the Raptor motor. That is seriously cool and its high revving. If its built for road course it would make sense to leave it N/A because of the heat build up, however if you wanted to throw a blower or turbo on there you could very easily and put some serious boost on it reliably. 12:1 compression ratio is a bit steep, but I suspect with forged internals you could throw 15 psi on it without any issues.

I'm personally not a fan of N/A motors because of the altitude I live at.... I don't like loosing 25% at 7000 feet and can't do shit about it. Its nice to be able to pulley down for altitude compensation.

I fully understand your concerns about high altitude. That really kills NA motors. Thankfully, I live closer to sea level. I love high revving NA power, so this is right up my alley.

Users who are viewing this thread