BULLITT

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Who would buy a Bullitt over MSRP?, lots of dumb dumbs would.

Our car club (Ford) had a guy that bought a 2015 50th anniversary mustang (off the showroom floor) and bragged about ONLY paying $10K over MSRP....

So there is a buyer for everything, at every amount!

E

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My dealership had $10K markup on a 50th when they came out. Seemed ridiculous at the time. Looking back at the 50th now, it did have a some unique features that don't seem like they're going to appear on other Mustangs any time soon. If those folks parked it, it might not be a bad investment in a few decades.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have a tough time paying list, ADM just isn’t going to happen. If a dealer wants ADM, I walk, pretty simple, there is no car out there thats isn’t going to depreciate like a rock as soon as you drive it off the lot (witha couple of exceptions). Dealers wanting ADM are just being greedy **** them.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Lindsay Ford in Wheaton MD has one along with Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg. One is green and the other is black.

Good luck!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I would so like to be into this car, but only if you could get PP2 package.

Maybe if they offer it for 2020.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's all about the legend of the name. From what I've observed, the majority of the people buying Bullitts are young guys whose parents probably hadn't even met yet when that movie was made. They probably haven't even seen the movie, and are probably unaware how crappy the movie was overall. The car chase seen was the only good part in it. And even that wasn't as great as it's hyped up to be. If you want to see a good movie car chase scene, watch Ronin.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
It's all about the legend of the name. From what I've observed, the majority of the people buying Bullitts are young guys whose parents probably hadn't even met yet when that movie was made. They probably haven't even seen the movie, and are probably unaware how crappy the movie was overall. The car chase seen was the only good part in it. And even that wasn't as great as it's hyped up to be. If you want to see a good movie car chase seen, watch Ronin.

You call Bullitt crap but then say Ronin is better? 30 years apart and Ronin is just as bad or worse than Bullitt in terms of storyline.

The only thing Ronin had in it worth a shit was Deniro, a few car chases and that french guy(cant remember his name).

Rotten Tomatoes scores Ronin a 69% and Bullitt a 97%. Im not saying Ronin wasnt entertaining but its damn near stupid levels of storyline make me want to gag with plot holes larger than the gash the iceberg left on the Titanic.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It's all about the legend of the name. From what I've observed, the majority of the people buying Bullitts are young guys whose parents probably hadn't even met yet when that movie was made. They probably haven't even seen the movie, and are probably unaware how crappy the movie was overall. The car chase seen was the only good part in it. And even that wasn't as great as it's hyped up to be. If you want to see a good movie car chase scene, watch Ronin.

You say Bullitt is crap overall but then say Ronin is good because of its chase scene. Uhh, pretty sure Ronin sucked overall too, since the only part people know and remember is its chase scene, just like Bullitt.

And who cares, pretty sure most are buying a Bullitt not only due to the namesake, but that its a great looking version. Dark Hyland Green is an amazing color, and the touches they do to Bullitt trims really help make the car look clean while still being unique.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
No. You brought in the "overall" part to the thread....

They probably haven't even seen the movie, and are probably unaware how crappy the movie was overall.

If you want to see a good movie car chase scene, watch Ronin.

Bullitt "Overall" crappy, but then Ronin "chase scene". Ain't nobody watching Bullitt for the overall movie. You're the one over here comparing apples to oranges.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

Touche'.

I will say that Ronin does have some pretty good car chases and the Audi S6 was a perfect choice as the "hero" car for that movie. I still think Bullitt is excellent and much better than Ronin. I cant get over the bad guys always using 3 dark colored BMW's as their go-to cars.

Users who are viewing this thread