Built tranny guys get in here !!

FordFanStan

Established Member
It is a nice kit and the pressure plate design is much better than the Monster Box Kit. The AC kit just cuts back the outer edge of the pressure plate (enough for the snap ring to fit) for better strength where the MB kit shaves the whole pressure plate thinner to add the extra clutches. This lets the pressure plate flex in the MB kit prematurely wearing out the outer edge of the clutches and not wearing the inner edge.

Jimmy and I have wanted to post this for years but never could because of all the Factory Tech nutswingers and supporting vendor status on most of the boards. Now you know the truth of why so many Monsterbox transmissions and MB kits failed prematurely. The pressure plate design sucked bigtime. There, I finally got to say it and Jimmy has the pics to prove it.

It always amazed me when a person that paid a good penny for his MB tranny and then pay $300 R&R plus $300 shipping when the POS failed in a year would praise Gregg for his great customer service if he fixed it. I saw it time an time again but it seemed like nobody caught on. When Jasper came into the picture along the way people use to blame it on them ever though people would post about their failed MB tranny that Gregg had built. NEWSFLASH: Jasper never was the problem.

Now, talk amongst yourselves. ;-)

Haha this is very funny and true. Not only the MB would have flex in the pressure plate, but another reason for so many failures is because there is constant friction on that plate, when it was cut or shaved the heat would transfer through it much quicker and heat to a higher temp, thus ruining the clutches and what not.

Not only that but also that AC kit and the other guys kit use a inferior clutch setup. They may add clutches where you don't need and not add where you do need. There is no reason to add clutches in all areas. Then they use a combination of clutch brand, never will they supply all of the best clutches due to the cost of the clutches.

We have a pretty good reputation with our transmissions. You can find some info here... Stan

"olsson"

Established Member
Haha this is very funny and true. Not only the MB would have flex in the pressure plate, but another reason for so many failures is because there is constant friction on that plate, when it was cut or shaved the heat would transfer through it much quicker and heat to a higher temp, thus ruining the clutches and what not.

Not only that but also that AC kit and the other guys kit use a inferior clutch setup. They may add clutches where you don't need and not add where you do need. There is no reason to add clutches in all areas. Then they use a combination of clutch brand, never will they supply all of the best clutches due to the cost of the clutches.

We have a pretty good reputation with our transmissions. You can find some info here... Stan

This thread is coming along nicley, lots of wery god info. PM sent stan

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
I went with DMP for my built tranny, great price for an awsome product. Seeing as where you're located though, I understand your concern for shipping. Stan is a good guy and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction for parts. If you do decide to purchase it fully built, definitely put DMP on your list; I bought mine from them and love it.:rockon::rockon:

"olsson"

Established Member
I went with DMP for my built tranny, great price for an awsome product. Seeing as where you're located though, I understand your concern for shipping. Stan is a good guy and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction for parts. If you do decide to purchase it fully built, definitely put DMP on your list; I bought mine from them and love it.:rockon::rockon:

yeah i agree but i dont have the money for it... sucks

cthunder

Established Member
you can get the LFP kit on e-bay for hundreds less... I got mine for 350 shipped. you jut need to know where to look! run 4R100 on the search and you'll find the kit. I took it to a tranny guy and he threw out a few parts, but the tranny is kicking with the HP #'s below. we'll see how it does with a turbo later next week.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
BTS here, and I drive my L everyday. I just recently put on a 10lbr and it's handling the extra torque quite nicely. Awesome tranny, definently worth the price.

Good luck

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread