Built tranny guys get in here !!

"olsson"

Established Member
Im about to build my engine and when the truck is taken apart i will have my tranny rebuilt at the same time..

A brand new tranny would be the best option but there is probably a core charge and shipping and so one so im affraid thats not an option.

I got a realy great tranny shop almost next door which have been doing work to american transmissions since the 70`s so thats not a problem at all.

The question is were do i buy the parts to get my transmission bullet proof ?
And what converter should i get ?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
for a complete rebuild kit check Lightning force performance or PM fordfanstan@dmp.
before i got my JLP built trans (not the level 10) i had a LFP rebuild kit. which was a complete kit. i just never had time to drop the trans. so i just had johnny use his and i sold my LFP kit.

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
The best parts are Art Carr the kit is about $500 if I remember right they have a website thats the parts that Brain Truck Shop uses. If you have a shop do it ask if they add clutches if they say no or dont know how go else where.

"olsson"

Established Member
The best parts are Art Carr the kit is about $500 if I remember right they have a website thats the parts that Brain Truck Shop uses. If you have a shop do it ask if they add clutches if they say no or dont know how go else where.

Ill look in to it, thanks

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
The best parts are Art Carr the kit is about $500 if I remember right they have a website thats the parts that Brain Truck Shop uses.

Who told you that about BTS?:dw:

BTW, I have the LFP Art Carr kit in my tranny. It is a nice kit and the pressure plate design is much better than the Monster Box Kit. The AC kit just cuts back the outer edge of the pressure plate (enough for the snap ring to fit) for better strength where the MB kit shaves the whole pressure plate thinner to add the extra clutches. This lets the pressure plate flex in the MB kit prematurely wearing out the outer edge of the clutches and not wearing the inner edge.

The BTS tranny is not a kit. Brian has several parts reengineered using pressure plates that are at least 1 1/2 times thicker than stock. His transmissions can not be compared to others because he does so much in the way of part changes that a kit with an extra clutch or two here and there with relieved pressure plates can't be remotely called equal.

Dealerjim has a BTS tranny and I have seen the pics he took of the MB kit that was taken out along with the new BTS parts that went in. Jimmy watched the build and it is staggering to say the least at the difference in parts that are used and the amount of them. Brain takes a different approach to get more clutches in than those kits do and he adds parts that strengthen the tranny from front to rear. This description might seem a little vague but I promised Jimmy that I would not give away Brian's trade secrets.

Bottomline is that his transmissions are not more expensive because he is overpriced. He just has that much more parts wise in them.

Jimmy and I have wanted to post this for years but never could because of all the Factory Tech nutswingers and supporting vendor status on most of the boards. Now you know the truth of why so many Monsterbox transmissions and MB kits failed prematurely. The pressure plate design sucked bigtime. There, I finally got to say it and Jimmy has the pics to prove it.

It always amazed me when a person that paid a good penny for his MB tranny and then pay $300 R&R plus $300 shipping when the POS failed in a year would praise Gregg for his great customer service if he fixed it. I saw it time an time again but it seemed like nobody caught on. When Jasper came into the picture along the way people use to blame it on them ever though people would post about their failed MB tranny that Gregg had built. NEWSFLASH: Jasper never was the problem.

Now, talk amongst yourselves. ;-)

Last edited:

SUX2BU

Enlarged Member
Established Member
I'm running a Circle-D built trans w/ a Circle-D TC in my HD and a guy who used to work for Circle-D built the trans. for my L (PI TC in my L).

"olsson"

Established Member
Who told you that about BTS?:dw:

BTW, I have the LFP Art Carr kit in my tranny. It is a nice kit and the pressure plate design is much better than the Monster Box Kit. The AC kit just cuts back the outer edge of the pressure plate (enough for the snap ring to fit) for better strength where the MB kit shaves the whole pressure plate thinner to add the extra clutches. This lets the pressure plate flex in the MB kit prematurely wearing out the outer edge of the clutches and not wearing the inner edge.

The BTS tranny is not a kit. Brian has several parts reengineered using pressure plates that are at least 1 1/2 times thicker than stock. His transmissions can not be compared to others because he does so much in the way of part changes that a kit with an extra clutch or two here and there with relieved pressure plates can't be remotely called equal.

Dealerjim has a BTS tranny and I have seen the pics he took of the MB kit that was taken out along with the new BTS parts that went in. Jimmy watched the build and it is staggering to say the least at the difference in parts that are used and the amount of them. Brain takes a different approach to get more clutches in than those kits do and he adds parts that strengthen the tranny from front to rear. This description might seem a little vague but I promised Jimmy that I would not give away Brian's trade secrets.

Bottomline is that his transmissions are not more expensive because he is overpriced. He just has that much more parts wise in them.

Jimmy and I have wanted to post this for years but never could because of all the Factory Tech nutswingers and supporting vendor status on most of the boards. Now you know the truth of why so many Monsterbox transmissions and MB kits failed prematurely. The pressure plate design sucked bigtime. There, I finally got to say it and Jimmy has the pics to prove it.

It always amazed me when a person that paid a good penny for his MB tranny and then pay $300 R&R plus $300 shipping when the POS failed in a year would praise Gregg for his great customer service if he fixed it. I saw it time an time again but it seemed like nobody caught on. When Jasper came into the picture along the way people use to blame it on them ever though people would post about their failed MB tranny that Gregg had built. NEWSFLASH: Jasper never was the problem.

Now, talk amongst yourselves. ;-)

Great reading thank you wery much.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Ok i cant buy one of those, with shipping and duties that thing would end up costing me 7-8k.

yup. i think the LFP kit would be your best route to go. that and a PI converter.

the converter is going to run you between 900-1000.

i was quoted about 500-700 to do the rebuild of mine

so your gunna be looking around...

500+600+950= $2150 plus shipping

Last edited:

"olsson"

Established Member
[/COLOR]

yup. i think the LFP kit would be your best route to go. that and a PI converter.

the converter is going to run you between 900-1000.

i was quoted about 500-700 to do the rebuild of mine

so your gunna be looking around...

500+600+950= $2150 plus shipping

Sounds like a plan to me if nothing else come up. Rebuild cost is the same, i was quoted 5-700

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
The BTS is around $4000 plus shipping If you can make it to his shop in Arkansas he installs it for no extra charge. It comes with a PI converter that is not your normal PI converter. Terry at PI made a design upgrade that Brian asked for just for BTS converters and again I won't tell his trade secrets.

I'm running the LFP Art Carr kit with a PI torque converter. If you are not making big built engine power running 10 second 1/4 miles times at the track then this might be the way to go for you. It depends on how strong you need the transmission to be and how much you are willing to spend.

Good Luck.

"olsson"

Established Member
I'm running the LFP Art Carr kit with a PI torque converter. If you are not making big built engine power running 10 second 1/4 miles times at the track then this might be the way to go for you. It depends on how strong you need the transmission to be and how much you are willing to spend.

Good Luck.

My goal was to take it down the 1/4 in 10 sec

New engine will be fully built, whipple 3,4, nitrous etc etc, i dont know how much hp that will make.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
The BTS is around $4000 plus shipping If you can make it to his shop in Arkansas he installs it for no extra charge. It comes with a PI converter that is not your normal PI converter. Terry at PI made a design upgrade that Brian asked for just for BTS converters and again I won't tell his trade secrets.

Without giving away any "trade secrets" ;-) so for the price you get a tranny and a converter? So would I ditch my current setup? I got a PI 2400 stall. Thanks!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread