Built MT82, driveline more suspension upgrades in

13DIB5.0

Established Member
after a long wait, ive finally got my car back after the mt82 was freshed and added some mt82 saving parts to see how long we can make it live. First of all the spec stage three plus (which cuased most of my internal issues was replaced with a Mcloed RXT. got an MGW Shifter, JRH clutch line, Whiteline trans mount, shaftmasters driveshaft, BMR upper with bracket, and N2MB WOT box. internally replaced the plastic shift pads with bronze ones and replaced the syncros and gears that where messed upp. all I can say is it shifts BUTTERY SMOOTH, very happy with it and it isn't notchy at all anymore. still breaking the clutch in but the n2mb box will help a lot in the no lift shifts for sure.

WildOne12

Established Member
Who did the Transmission work?

I'm getting ready to have the same mods done to mine with a new RXT clutch, hopefully all the internal parts are still good.

busarich

Established Member
Minnes in the process of getting all redone as well. One thing that helped with mine was the solid motor mounts.

ajpturbo

Established Member
after a long wait, ive finally got my car back after the mt82 was freshed and added some mt82 saving parts to see how long we can make it live. First of all the spec stage three plus (which cuased most of my internal issues .

Can you explain a little more about the clutch causing your internal issues?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Can you explain a little more about the clutch causing your internal issues?

Its simple strong clutch vs weak tranny = broken tranny! I put a spec stage 3+ in my tremec, my tremec loves its clutch. Its a perfect match.

Op now you have see if your mt-82 locks you out at high rpm's certainly hope not with all the money you have spent!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Who did the Transmission work?

I'm getting ready to have the same mods done to mine with a new RXT clutch, hopefully all the internal parts are still good.

Revolution auto is only 1 hour away from us, i sold my mt-82 to a guy in Chicago, and dropped it off at rev auto because he is getting it rebuilt! Says it takes about a week to get done!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Op can you give us a total cost breakdown to fix your issues with the mt-82 So others guys will know what it takes to get it right?

kingnut

Established Member
it would seem there would be a vendor offering upgrade packages for the mt-82 like mmr does for engines. if anyone knows of guys that specialize in upgrading mt-82's post them up.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
How much did all the internal parts cost you? And did you replace the syncros and gears with stock replacements?

drkmrkiv

Established Member
it would seem there would be a vendor offering upgrade packages for the mt-82 like mmr does for engines. if anyone knows of guys that specialize in upgrading mt-82's post them up.

Agreed. I've seen a few posts over the years where people have put up incomplete lists of mt82 upgrades and shops that have done odds and ends, but I haven't seen a shop that specializes in built mt82's.

I feel like there is a fair amount of demand, considering our options are sticking with what we have and just dealing with it or dropping a huge sum of money and go with a Magnum.

So, stiffer motor mounts help you say... I'll have to look into this.

But the way I see it:
Clutch-650
Flywheel-450
Alum. DS-800
Misc.-150
Barton post-100
Short shifter-300
White line trans mount-25
for the mt82 and you're going to be between 2k and 3k depending on what you go with.

Or get a Magnum XL kit for a little over 5,000. And you have your stock transmission you can sell to help cover the cost. When you look it that way, the Magnum looks like a better deal.

Sorry if this was way off topic and I rambled.

Killer48

Established Member
Agreed. I've seen a few posts over the years where people have put up incomplete lists of mt82 upgrades and shops that have done odds and ends, but I haven't seen a shop that specializes in built mt82's.

I feel like there is a fair amount of demand, considering our options are sticking with what we have and just dealing with it or dropping a huge sum of money and go with a Magnum.

So, stiffer motor mounts help you say... I'll have to look into this.

But the way I see it:

Clutch-650

Flywheel-450

Alum. DS-800

Misc.-150

Barton post-100

Short shifter-300

White line trans mount-25

for the mt82 and you're going to be between 2k and 3k depending on what you go with.

Or get a Magnum XL kit for a little over 5,000. And you have your stock transmission you can sell to help cover the cost. When you look it that way, the Magnum looks like a better deal.

Sorry if this was way off topic and I rambled.

So what would be better the better choice? Does anyone have experience with building a mt82 and going t56?

kingnut

Established Member
motor mounts are a must for any car you plan on driving hard. they were next mod going on my 14gt if I would have kept it.

WildOne12

Established Member
Revolution auto is only 1 hour away from us, i sold my mt-82 to a guy in Chicago, and dropped it off at rev auto because he is getting it rebuilt! Says it takes about a week to get done!

I have already talked to them about doing mine & got a good deal on a clutch install while they take the Trans out to do the mods...

Anyone else interested in getting this done should talk to Adam at Revolution in Baltimore, I believe they charge $899 for the basic upgrades & $1899 for treated gears & brass internals.

Users who are viewing this thread