Built motor??? questions HELP!!!!!!

2quicksvt

Established Member
My 03 cobra makes pretty good power with stock motor, an I want to either build the motor to handle any amount of power that I might throw at it or do I buy the aluminator long block. Basically I don't want to have to worry about the motor blowing up. So what do you think would be the best route for me to take. I mean what are the benefits of the aluminator vs stock build up besides the lighter block. Let me know what you think.....

Ironhand

Banned
There have been several people that have had problems using the Aluminator. I would say if you want the light weight then just start with an Aluminum block and go from there. I would build the motor you have, so you know what you have and can control every part that goes into it.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I personally know someone who had a problem with the aluminator. Id just build ur motor or buy a built shortblock no need to pay for heads you already have.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The stock 03/04 Longblock has been documented handling 900 HP on some Turbo applications, are you needing more than that?

SVTDice

Established Member
The Stock long block can handle alot, and then some. I'd upgrade what you have, Honestly.
If your worried about weight there are other ways to save some weight.

2quicksvt

Established Member
I have a 2.3l whipple now an I was thinking of maybe going to a twin turbo (61mm) set up or 3.4 whipple an, I just wanted to make sure that before I spent the money on that, that my motor was good enough to handle it. I know the cobra motors can handle alot so do I just change the pistons an rods to handle anything an then upgrade the boost. I would like to have 700-800hp on pump an 900-950hp on race gas.

Users who are viewing this thread