Built Motor, need some help/opinion

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Currently my setup is a full eaton swap and I'm wanting to built my motor in case I go with a whipple in the future.

Being new to built motors, I have some questions.

What do you guys think about this package? minus the crank as I will be using the stock crank. Or should I just order all the parts separately?

http://www.modmaxracing.com/ProductD...25146&CartID=1

Kind of confused on which pistons to choose?

Besides ordering this kit what else would I need to purchase or have the machine shop do in order to have a solid built motor? Such as remachining of heads including complete teardown, replacement of guides, lifters, seals. Pressure test and resurface.

Thanks

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Your link didn't work, but a 8.5:1 compression motor is perfect for a PD blower (17-20cc pistons I believe?). I would request a minor port job, new valves/springs/etc. Package deal is cheaper and there are tons of places that sell kits at competitive prices.

*edit* Purchasing a built shortblock is a better option IMO.

Last edited:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
If you shop around for parts, you can come out cheaper than a prebuilt shortblock depending on how reasonable your machine shop/engine builder is. People get caught up looking at the starting out price of a prebuilt motor and don't factor in upgrades like aluminum block, head studs, main studs, etc...

iggster

Established Member
Feel free to pm me here or over at lost angels forum :) you know what I am currently building and can answer all your questions.

Old topic I know hahah but just seen it now :(

Users who are viewing this thread