built motor hp

redrum12

Established Member
I was wondering if I went with a completely built motor made for spray. What kind of power can I get out of the motor itself. I'm sure there is a million different answers but would kike some input from engine people.

NTXRockr

Established Member
I'm in a similar boat. I think you're asking if you built for a big nitrous setup, how much would it make on the motor alone? Or asking about total power/torque output on a big shot?

I know from two months of researching that internals are not the problem, the block is the limiting factor for most at around 1000hp. Some make upward of 1300whp on the stock block before failure and have to go to a sleeved setup or a filled block, which then shifts the weak link to the internals...

Honestly, I'm shooting for 500whp on motor and 800whp/800+wtq on a 275 shot (what I'm limited to on the plate, unless I direct port...). I'm more worried about torching through a piston face or ring lands than popping the block, but I haven't read or seen any big nitrous guys chime up about it so maybe forged internals are doing ok then? I dunno, I just ordered a built Livernois shortblock so I'll have to wait and see...

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

redrum12

Established Member
Yeah u were right I wanna see what I can make on the motor alone. I'm lretty sure you can see 500 wheel na. If I could get 550na and a 150 shot is fine with me

Bud

Established Member
I've been waiting to see what these cars can do when somebody gets serious with nitrous. With Coyote Modified coming up I'm sure we will soon find out. The weight they can run is ridiculous but should give an idea of what is possible when people are going for broke on nitrous with these motors.

stang8psi

Established Member
You will need a built high comp 11.5:1 or higher motor with ported heads and stage 3 cams oil pump gears along with a boss or cobra jet manifold, long tubes, full exhaust, throttle body and revving to 7800+ to get your 500+ rwhp N/A... its expensive and doable but there is more to it than just a built bottom end.

5.0GT

Established Member
Search for 522hp Na in this forum. There's a bit less than what some guys mentioned to get that power. I think he spent around 4500

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
You will need a built high comp 11.5:1 or higher motor with ported heads and stage 3 cams oil pump gears along with a boss or cobra jet manifold, long tubes, full exhaust, throttle body and revving to 7800+ to get your 500+ rwhp N/A... its expensive and doable but there is more to it than just a built bottom end.

Nope. Customer car made 500 through 6r80 on stock motor, stock heads with cams. Comp stage 3s, CJ manifold and TB, long tubes, E85. Peak power 7100 rpm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread