Building block options???

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
mmmmmm racing radials.... @biminiLX Let us know how the Street R's hold up on the street. Was going to get a set of Nitto NT05Rs for my SVTPP 20s as I like their sidewall construction for a street tire. I have a set of 305/45R18s NT05Rs that I did a mini power tour on 3 years ago. Drove from San Diego to Tucson, raced on their 1/4 mile track and drove back. Great stability and carcass.

Always good to have options.
Thanks man, these are the true street set as I’m done with radials at the track, but I’ll be breaking in the ET Street R bias plys at the strip. With the new CJ 9” and the wrinkle wall slicks, Damn sure hoping I’m done with gear whine after one outing.
I agree with you on the NT05R being a great street/strip compromise. A lot of guys here bag on the Nitto, but to me they’re a fantastic street DR that doesnt lose NVH cruising and can take turns reasonably well enough.
These new MT R radials are tall and should be the only option to hook the power on the street and have enough height for top speed events.
Sounds like a cool mini power tour. What your plans this season?
-J

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thanks man, these are the true street set as I’m done with radials at the track, but I’ll be breaking in the ET Street R bias plys at the strip. With the new CJ 9” and the wrinkle wall slicks, Damn sure hoping I’m done with gear whine after one outing.
I agree with you on the NT05R being a great street/strip compromise. A lot of guys here bag on the Nitto, but to me they’re a fantastic street DR that doesnt lose NVH cruising and can take turns reasonably well enough.
These new MT R radials are tall and should be the only option to hook the power on the street and have enough height for top speed events.
Sounds like a cool mini power tour. What your plans this season?
-J
This season? No track plans, but pulling my engine. Im going to give Accufab Racing a call to see how much their services would be to double key my crank snout, install ARP mainstuds to spec, balance rotating assembly with new rods and assemble short block with new main and rod bearings. Next on my part list was to be chain guides and secondary chains. Id rather pull my engine and get the short block going while I save for the reassembly parts.

Reason for wanting to go with Accufab is that the 05-06 Ford GT guys swear by John Mihovitz's machining on their cranks. Considering the man knows how to keep 4.6 Teksid cranks alive at 3000 hp and 10k rpm, I want his magic as well his eyes on mine. If there is one person than knows a Ford Modular crank, its John.

Im tempted to go with your 13-14 cams during reassembly... but I kinda want some choppy idle lol. Im really digging the BPS cams. Choppy idle but NSR so reasonable spring pressures. Ill be going with Accufab secondary chains, but dont want to over stress them on a 2 step with heavy springs that Ill need with an spring required type of cam.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If Mihovitz doing the crank I’d not even consider doing anything but going with his cams/springs.
I had 3 great talks with him last year on my LX rebuild using a 4.6 Modular but I’ve decided to do Coyote platform. Would still like to go with ACCUFAB.
-J

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If Mihovitz doing the crank I’d not even consider doing anything but going with his cams/springs.
I had 3 great talks with him last year on my LX rebuild using a 4.6 Modular but I’ve decided to do Coyote platform. Would still like to go with ACCUFAB.
-J
I had no idea he did his own cams and such. ill have to talk to him about it; I sent them a contact request this morning. Ill call them in a few days if I dont hear back.

Bad Company

Established Member
In my opinion John is going to want to build a complete engine including his specified Bryant crankshaft. I doubt he will do a short block with a stock crank that he double keyed.

J if you want a Coyote motor in a car John is starting his production of a Billet Coyote blocks

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
In my opinion John is going to want to build a complete engine including his specified Bryant crankshaft. I doubt he will do a short block with a stock crank that he double keyed.

J if you want a Coyote motor in a car John is starting his production of a Billet Coyote blocks
Hey Kurt last time I spoke with him I think he could tell I was leaning Coyote. He told me about the Coyote block plan and that’s awesome if he’s going forward with it!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread