Build Thread my 96 Cobra Procharger F1A Cog

blown 96'

Established Member
Here is what i have so far i lost some pics. The rundown is built motor 9.5:1, comp cams and the 03/04 Procharger F1A Cog setup pullied for 25psi. Long tubes and off road x and SLP lm1 catback, 3.73 gears, Racecrakt k member a arms and coilovers and glenns sleeper twin pump setup. Eventually going auto. should have it up and drivable by the end of the month. Let me know what you think.
Picture168.jpg

Picture167.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Picture148.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture160.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture176.jpg

Picture177.jpg

Picture178.jpg

Picture183.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Picture188.jpg

Picture191.jpg

Picture193.jpg

Picture195.jpg

Picture203.jpg

ericandryan045.jpg

Last edited:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant
Established Member
so pimp!!! I'd like to do something exactly like this!!

Blackedout

Established Member
VERY NICE... :thumbsup: What is the CR of the motor ??? What did you do with the fuel system ???

blown 96'

Established Member
CR is around 9.5:1. Fuel system should be arriving any day, i went with a Glenn's Sleeper tank and the twin pumps. If i need more i will just get another pump lol. Injectors are 83's. I will be running meth too just in case.

Blackedout

Established Member
Same thing is going on with my car.... F1-A cogg is in, the auto just went in and the next thing will be GLENN's.... :beer:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
funny that you posted this- as I am putting together my f1a kit right now- I went with a HOB bracket system though instead of the 03/04 setup-less piping/bends

blown 96'

Established Member
Very nice i knew there were others out there. i did reclock it and cut a hole in the fender and all i have is two 90 bends into the intercooler and two 90 bends up toward the throttle body it was easier than i thought it was going to be. i only have to weld beads on the ends and add a little straight piece up to the throttle body. if you have any pics please post.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What an awesome Cobra that's going to be. The end of April will be here before you know it. That motor is a work of art. I hope all of your goals are accomplished. :thumbsup:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Very nice i knew there were others out there. i did reclock it and cut a hole in the fender and all i have is two 90 bends into the intercooler and two 90 bends up toward the throttle body it was easier than i thought it was going to be. i only have to weld beads on the ends and add a little straight piece up to the throttle body. if you have any pics please post.

how much did you enjoy the dowel pins when you reclocked the blower- suck ass don't they? also when I opened mine up-turned out that procharged nicked the o ring in a couple places so I have to get a new one. looks good man- I will get some pics together soon as it's all done- I am actually going to hemicoil my heads tomorrow to fit beefier cam tower bolts- since ford actually started the job but left us with those terrible 9.8 bolts which stretch out so bad they won't torque right. what valve and valve spring/retainer combo did you choose to handle your 25 psi?

blown 96'

Established Member
I went with the VMP HPX weld in MAF. Clocking the blower was a little fun lol. right now the heads are 03's with inserts for the 9 thread and stock valves. springs are comp behive i think its what they recommended and titanium retainers. Next winter i plan on porting the heads and intake. Yeah ford and their torque to yield bolts = stupid. I'm interested to see your setup.

Thanks BOB.

04torchred

Established Member
Any reason you didn't use the 96-98 Cobra renegade bracket for the F1A-R blowers built around the 96-98 front cover? Looks good

96BlackStangGT

Established Member
Nice build! I'm looking to do almost the exact same setup on my 96 GT (Doing a cobra swap too). I've got a few questions. What goes into clocking the headunit and do you need extra parts to do so? What front mount did you go with? I also plan on going with the 01 intake upper and lower as well and want to know what throttle body I should go with and what to do about the piping coming off of the throttle body. Thanks for any help and AWESOME build!

Users who are viewing this thread